Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 12-02-2004, 05:00 AM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default BlueSpoon AX: Not an Actual Spoon. Or an Ax.

http://www.purepockets.com/modules....owcontent&id=33

Pure Pockets says: "At first I could not see how it was going to stay o*n my head. You will find no earloop o*n this headset which is typical to other headsets. The AX uses a very creative and successful way of mounting to the ear. The included earbuds have a small antennae-like piece extending from them which is used to wrap inside the ear fold to hold it in place."

Freepaq says: "The earpiece transports the sound of the loudspeaker directly in the heart of your auditory canal, not of losses at the time of the communications but that involving a loss of its outside on the ear which carries BlueSpoon. However this one is very pleasant to carry, in spite of a a little funny feeling at the beginning, but it disappears very quickly."

Here's a rather innovative device! The earpiece antenna thingie is an interesting way to solve the problem of keeping the thing in your ear when you're engaged in frolicking and cavorting, or whatever it is that people do when they drop their earpieces. Personally, this kind of reminds me of that creepy ear bug in The Wrath of Khan. 8O What do you think?

Old 12-02-2004, 05:41 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: BlueSpoon AX: Not an Actual Spoon. Or an Ax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Logsdon
Personally, this kind of reminds me of that creepy ear bug in The Wrath of Khan. 8O What do you think?
Damn you, Pat! Now I'm never going to be able to use a Bluespoon. :lol:

BTW - this is not the first Bluespoon - it's just the latest variation. They've been doing some amazing miniaturization work.

--janak

Old 12-02-2004, 05:58 AM
mcsouth
Thinker

...looks like a mouse to me...you can see his nose and tail...

Old 12-02-2004, 07:33 AM
wolwol
Pupil

am using this bluespoon AX right now, prototype, its LOUD and it fits my ear snugly
and best of all, it uses rechargeable battery
charges only thru usb, ac adapter is optional
it sure is easy to get lost :roll:

Old 12-02-2004, 07:54 AM
jasondearyou
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to jasondearyou Send a message via MSN to jasondearyou

cool pics how much?
0X

Old 12-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Phoenix
Sage

Nextlink makes great products. The best Bluetooth earpieces out there, IMO.

The AX is no exception. Great hardware.

On Howard Forums, I'm on the beta tester list for Nextlink's yet-to-be-released 5G earpiece which is even smaller than the new AX. Just when you thought they couldn't make an earpiece any smaller, here comes the 5G... In the thread, there was mention that the 5G will have jawbone technology, but it won't. According to Nextlink, it will be awhile before a BT-enabled 5G with jawbone technology will be available, if ever (not to mention, very expensive). Read through the whole thread and you'll have a clear picture of what the 5G is and how it's progressing. You can see the 5G thread here: 5G Babyspoon

There's also a thread on the AX on Howard Forums as well. See it here: Bluespoon AX

Nextlink, based out of Denmark, is a really fantastic company. The guys are very helpful and design great products. To see what they offer, go here: Nextlink.

Nextlink does not sell direct, so anyone wanting one of their products will have to find an authorized reseller. A good place to buy Nextlink product is at Pilcon. I bought my Digital Bluespoon Gold from them. Pilcon is an authorized reseller of Nextlink products.

Old 12-02-2004, 02:13 PM
zilla31
Sage

wow BT headsets are finally getting way small... i may have to ditch my motorola one that wobbles every which way at the slightest move of my head - and will shake right off w/ a quick look in either direction!!! plus it's unsightly :mrgreen:

Old 12-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Ryan Joseph
Philosopher

How's the audip pickup on this thing? It looks really sweet, but with the mic being so far from your mouth, I'd be worried that I'd have to speak up. Anyone know?

Old 12-02-2004, 02:30 PM
zilla31
Sage

is it available for sale now and if so where can we find the best price? the 5g looks promising but who knows when that will come out?

Old 12-02-2004, 02:42 PM
Deus
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Joseph
How's the audip pickup on this thing? It looks really sweet, but with the mic being so far from your mouth, I'd be worried that I'd have to speak up. Anyone know?
The Audio Pickup is ok. You sound clear......but distant. I have not had any problems loosing it accept when I tried to carry it on the included carry-strap. It would occasionally come loose and fall off!