Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default FlexWallet 2.5 Released

http://www.twopeaks.com/site/produc...t2/history.aspx

Mel over at Two Peaks wrote in with news that FlexWallet 2.5 was released. It's a relatively minor upgrade, but does feature improved VGA and SE support (including text scaling), an improved database, better foreign-language support, and a bunch of other small improvements. Also noteworthy for those of you who carry both a Pocket PC and a Smartphone: they concurrently released a Smartphone version for the first time. Either way, if you're a FlexWallet user you'll probably want to install this update.

Old 11-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Jonathan_w
Pupil

Be warned!
Make a backup of you Wallet before you convert.
The converting process changed my password, I could no longer open the file after it was done. Neither with Desktop or Pocket pc.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_w
The converting process changed my password, I could no longer open the file after it was done. Neither with Desktop or Pocket pc.
Whoa...that's not normal! I beta tested the new version and it didn't do that. I'd contact Two Peaks...

Old 11-30-2004, 12:09 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

One really great thing about the new version is that the desktop client has also been enhanced - I love that it can show passwords now automatically rather than just asterisk's.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 AM
msprague
Thinker

The TwoPeaks upgrade instructions recommend making a backup copy of your previous version's wallet file. I upgraded and had no issues. I didn't need to use the backup I made.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:58 AM
WyattEarp
Sage

Quote:
Be warned!
Are you sure you didn't change the password (even if by accident) and just forgot. If not then you should contact Two Peaks immediately.

I installed it about an hour ago and opened all my databases. Nothing abnormal happen with mine. Your situation is very odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
One really great thing about the new version is that the desktop client has also been enhanced - I love that it can show passwords now automatically rather than just asterisk's.
Yes, that is a very welcome and excellent feature that was long over due. I'm glad it finally got added.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:10 AM
blazingwolf
Theorist

Quote:
Be warned!
I had the exact same problem. I wrote to support and they got back to me the same day(which impressed me alot) saying I must of put the password in wrong. Man, what a pain to have to recreate all of that! :evil:

Old 11-30-2004, 04:25 AM
mhowie
Ponderer

So when will Codewallet Pro release their VGA enhanced version?

Old 11-30-2004, 04:37 AM
Jonathan_w
Pupil

I did not change my password. I simply can not open the file once it has been converted. I tried with three computers and two diffrent files. I even tried to import the older file to a newer file. Would not except that either.
Did all of you create your wallet with the desktop version or the PPC. I created mine with the PPC and am wondering if there could be a diff.

Old 11-30-2004, 05:33 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
I did not change my password. I simply can not open the file once it has been converted.
Email the wallet to Mel at TwoPeaks - he has a way of fixing the file (if it's the same problem I had) without looking at your data.