Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-16-2004, 01:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default BargainPDA's Photo Tour of the iPAQ hx2750

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2300

"A picture is worth a thousand words. So I'll stop talking now and let the pictures do the speaking, included in this article is a complete tour of the new iPAQ hx2750. Click here to see the complete image gallery of the hx2750 , which totals 26,000 words in all!"

These pictures change my opinion about the 2750 - it looks like it might be a slick design after all...check out the pics!

Old 11-16-2004, 01:43 PM
surur
Mystic

I love the look of this device (but then I returned an Ipaq and bought a Jornada because I did not like the look and shape of the Ipaq).

Notice the depression on the left side of the unit, where the record button is. The Jornada would have had a scroll wheel there. Wonder why they dropped it.

If this device had VGA I would be all over it. Unfortunately they made the strange decision not to extend this line to its obvious conclusion.

As it is I'll be going for the Loox 720, which has a rather boring shape, but otherwise seems to have everything you could possibly fit in a PDA (which is me definition of high end).

Surur

Old 11-16-2004, 01:45 PM
pr0vider
Ponderer

This is a very nice looking machine; small and svelte looking. I'd love to have one but can't find enough justification to switch from my 2215 with the PPC Techs memory upgrade and Pocket Hackmaster already installed. :|

Old 11-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Steven Cedrone

Wow, I really like it. I wonder if the sides are rubber, and if so, how long they will stay on before falling off? My Jornada 548 had rubber on the sides and to this day, has not had a problem. The 2215, well, we all know about the rubber grips on those devices. Hopefully, it won't have any problems. Too bad it doesn't have VGA. I think this may be the device that lures me away from my current device regardless...

Maybe... :wink:

Steve

Old 11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Deemo
Intellectual

For the life of me I just don't know why they put a grey tint in those flip covers.
Just makes it harder to read the screen with it on.
Hhhmmmm.....can I do without a CF slot?????

Old 11-16-2004, 03:13 PM
rhmorrison
Philosopher

And give up my Jornada 568! NEVER!!

They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands...

Old 11-16-2004, 04:08 PM
powder2000
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemo
For the life of me I just don't know why they put a grey tint in those flip covers.
Just makes it harder to read the screen with it on.
Hhhmmmm.....can I do without a CF slot?????
Look at the top rear pictures, I certainly see a cf and sd slot. Might the lack of cf be a typo?

Old 11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by powder2000
Look at the top rear pictures, I certainly see a cf and sd slot. Might the lack of cf be a typo?
Looks like a typo to me. The top of the device looks exactly like the 2215, with both CF and SD...

Steve

Old 11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
ventivent
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to ventivent

Besides faster processor and more memory, this basically has the same specs as the 4150. (or Dell X30, which actually has the same processor) Why couldn't they keep the 4150 form factor and just upgrade the insides? I'm sure it would have be a lot cheaper to use the same casing instead of designing a new one from the ground up.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:31 PM
muaddip
Ponderer

You are right it does look like a CF/SD device, but even HP says it only has a SD slot...strnage things are afoot in HP land.

I swear, if this thing was VGA I would be all over it, but alass it is not and instead I am with x50v...a very nice device indeed!!