Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 11-11-2004, 06:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Mobile-review.com Reviews HP's iPAQ BT Keyboard

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/re...yboard-en.shtml

"HP iPaq Bluetooth Keyboard was developed by Darfon (the model G900). As there wouldn't be official shipments of the HP keyboard to Europe, the device will appear under different names depending on the local distributor. For example, the keyboard will come to Russia under the name Highscreen. The major exterior difference from the Stowaway keyboard is that the HP keyboard (let's call the HP iPaq Bluetooth Keyboard this way in our review) has an extra row of digital keys. Inside the HP keyboard there is an old chip applied, CSR BlueCore 2 (no support of HID profile; Bluetooth 1.1), while the Stowaway version involves new chip by Broadcom BCM 2040 (the support of HID profile; Bluetooth 1.2)."

I know there's been several HP BT Keyboard reviews lately, but I always look forward to Mobile-review's articles: their pictures are amazing, and this review is no exception. Take a look especially if you want to see shots of the keyboard at different angles or juxtaposed against different devices to get a better feel for its size. There's also some good technical discussion, as the above quote suggests.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
smerickson
Neophyte
Send a message via AIM to smerickson

Random unrelated question: Does anybody know what laptop that is in the picture? It looks nice.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:47 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

Man, that is a really big keyboard! A picture truly speaks a 1000 words... A number row? I WANT it!

Old 11-11-2004, 07:01 PM
CESkins
Theorist

The keyboard looks too big for my tastes...I would not be able to fit it comfortably in my coat pocket along with my Axim x50v. It dwarfs the Loox 720 next to it in one of the pics. I don't know if a signficant trade off in size (compared to the Think Outside BT KB) merits the addition of a row of number keys for me. However, if you wear cargo pants or put your PDA accesories in a briefcase...it might be worth it. Anyone has pics of this KB next to an iPAQ 4700 for size comparison?

Old 11-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Kowalski
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski

just follow the link to mobile-review

BTW in my opinion, mobile-review.com is the best review site on the net.

Old 11-11-2004, 07:44 PM
CESkins
Theorist

Just went to the TO website to look at the dimensions for BT KB closed and opened. Looks like it is not that much smaller than the HP KB. Darn...wish I hadn't done that...now I may just have to pick up an HP BT KB...guess I can always give the TO KB to the wife.

Old 11-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Does anyone know yet if it works with non-ipaq bluetooth?

Old 11-11-2004, 08:57 PM
gibson042
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel_Proust
Does anyone know yet if it works with non-ipaq bluetooth?
They used it with a Loox 720 in this review.

Old 11-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Craig Horlacher
Contributing Editor
Default e830?

Does anyone know if this would work with the toshiba e830 bluetooth stack? I bought a thinkoutside and it won't I don't care about the size so much and I'm actually glad for real number keys. I just want a bluetooth keyboard that works with my otherwise sweet new e830!!!

Old 11-11-2004, 11:44 PM
jalm1
Ponderer

a little off topic, but i also wonder if it is working with other devices it might work with a MS smartphone. It would be much more usefull to me at least if it would work with my 6315 as well as my C500.