Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 11-08-2004, 01:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default PocketWeather 1.0 Released

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/...topSectionId=-1

� Automatically monitors the weather in up to six different locations world wide and switch between them on the Today screen
� View current temperature, air pressure, wind speed and up to 5 day forecast
� Display cropped/resized images onto the Today screen of user-configurable weather maps/images downloaded from the internet
� Supports VGA and WM 2003 Second Edition devices including special High DPI icons for VGA devices
� User-configurable forecast display options
� Use additional icon sets to replace the forecast icon's look and feel

If you've been stumbling around the internet trying to find a solid weather application for your Pocket PC, look no further.

I had the pleasure of beta testing PocketWeather and it worked very well. It allows full customisation of almost every feature so that you can set things just the way you want it. In addition, you've all heard the SBSH name before, and you know that you get value for money with every purchase. With excellent 24/7 support, I'm sure the $7.95 investment at Handango will pay off. Even better, if you're a subscriber, you can take 15% off that price! So what are you waiting for? Don't save your money for a "rainy day". Use it now! [Affiliate]

Old 11-08-2004, 01:25 PM
seeker
Ponderer

The link at the top of the page does not seem to work....

:wink:

Old 11-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Darius Wey

It did work when I made the post. I think the affiliate link is down. Try it in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work then, I'll see what's gone wrong.

Old 11-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Darius Wey

UPDATE: Okay, sorry folks, there's nothing wrong with the link but the server that handles this seems to have gone on a coffee break. It's out of our control so we can't do anything about it. In the meantime, have a snoop around the other forums on PPCT and once the server has decided to come back from its coffee break, I'll keep you all posted.

NEW UPDATE: Okay, it works fine now. :mrgreen:

Old 11-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Steven Cedrone

Seems to be O.K. now!

Steve

Old 11-08-2004, 02:22 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Great! I tried this for a few days before my 4705 went in for service, and liked everything I saw. Great product, and now there's an update for it! I'm sold. Thanks for the news about it.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:17 PM
dsp11
Neophyte

the link has a missing parameter at the end of it. still unable to purchase this title.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Darius Wey

Yeah, I just noticed it's stopped working again. We'll look into it and keep you posted.

Old 11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
muaddip
Ponderer

This is a really nice product with great potential, I tried a couple of the betas. You can customize everything!!!!

That being said, I am still going to stick with WeatherPanel for now. I think it is just a personal apperance preference for me, I like the clean not cluttered look of WeatherPanel over PocketWeather. I will still probably download the new release and try it out, so you never now...

Old 11-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Darius Wey

Okay, things are fixed. So for those of you who had problems with the link, it should be up and running again.