Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 11-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PC Magazine Reviews the Dell Axim X50v

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,175...2129TX1K0000530

"The "v" in Axim X50v stands for VGA, but it could also stand for value. This high-end PDA packs in great power per dollar, focusing on features for multimedia enthusiasts and gaming addicts. The X50v looks and feels just like its midrange version the X50. But turn it on and you see a bright (though not very saturated), sharp 3.7-inch 640 x 480 VGA screen. Backing up the screen is an entirely new video architecture based on the first PDA graphics chip with dedicated memory, the Intel 2700G. The 2700G, with its 16MB of dedicated VRAM, delivers full-screen, high-quality video and impressive 3D-gaming performance. It's like changing from PCI to AGP graphics on a PC. But right now, only two games (Enigmo and StuntCar Extreme) and Windows Media Player 10 use the new chip. With all other software, you won't notice the difference."

Old 11-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Dolphin
Intellectual

Very nice unit!

Now if they would just make one with a camera. Since I use the camera all the time... the iPaq rx3700 is the best I can do here in the states.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:44 PM
k1darkknight
Intellectual
Send a message via AIM to k1darkknight Send a message via Yahoo to k1darkknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
Now if they would just make one with a camera. Since I use the camera all the time... the iPaq rx3700 is the best I can do here in the states.

Just get an SDIO camera...they're around $100 or so, for a 1.3 megapixel add-on that you just slip into the SD slot on top.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Or a CF camera. Since the X50 has both slots, you get to chose whether you want to go SD memory and CF peripherals, or vice-versa.