¹ I Upgraded to Vista and Got Kicked Out of the Social - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default I Upgraded to Vista and Got Kicked Out of the Social

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkontherun/2007/02/i_upgraded_to_v.html

"I decided since my P1610 was running flawlessly under WinXP that I would try to upgrade that OS to Vista, much as my family and friends would be needing to do since they are not very computer savvy.  At least, I wouldn’t want them wiping their system clean and doing a clean install because I know that would create big problems for them, much as it will a lot of consumers.  Big mistake.  UPDATE on the Zune situation:  Further mucking about shows me that the music downloaded from the Zune Marketplace will now play fine on the Zune player.  It will not play on the PC side, however.  Now I'm wondering if it's a file permission thing that Vista has imposed.  Who knows?"

Well, the more I hear about the horrors of upgrading to Vista, the less excited I am to do so.  Now, in my experience I manage to avoid these hangups [knocks on wood], but that doesn't make me more anxious to perform the upgrade.  Now there's one more problem to look out for:  Apparently it's not just iTunes that doesn't play well with Vista, but the Zune Marketplace as well.  Yikes.  Anyone out there buying tunes from the Marketplace might consider holding off upgrading until the next version of the Zune software is released.