Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 11-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Addictive Technologies?

http://weblogs.asp.net/vbertocci/ar.../29/249750.aspx

"There are things that are striking with their pure usefulness, and leave you wonder how you managed without in the past (and makes you panic to the idea of find yourself without in the future!). In fact, the last 10 years were especially rich of those things: here I'll list (in random order) some of the technologies that I'm entirely addicted to, but there was a time when I lived without."

Here's a list from one person. I agree with a lot of them, although I'd put my Toshiba e805 Pocket PC (and my shiny new Samsung i600 Smartphone, which is a story for another day) as explicit entries on the list as well. Oh, and tabbed browsing! What's your "addictive technologies"?

Old 11-02-2004, 06:13 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

My 4: broadband, mouse wheel, microwave ovens and anything to do with Pocket PCs.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:19 AM
Mitch D
Sage

Broadband, WiFi, PocketPC (who'd have thunk it?), cell phone and computer equipment... Anything electronic that is shiny and new.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Well I can't really add more to the original list, except my Pocket PC and computer. I do have to add Blu Tac to the list though. Where would the world be without Blu Tac? :lol:

Old 11-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Felix Torres
Mystic

E-books!!

Whether on PocketPC, TabletPC, or SmartPhone, they are way more immersive than treeware, lighter, and more convenient. Nothing like reading with background music from the same device.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:57 AM
KTamas
Thinker

Worms Armageddon, Pocket PC, Firefox and Tabbed Browsing, Broadband, Norton Commander (and Total Commander of course), Flux Challenge...

Old 11-02-2004, 07:00 AM
jgalindo
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to jgalindo
Default Addictive Technology

Great List. There is a lot of software I can't live without anymore (outlook, ewallect, pocket money.....) but I have to mention one I purchased today, pocket controller.

Now I can answer and make phone calls that come through my pocket pc by using my bluetooth mouse to click on my Tablet PC screen and using my bluetooth headset without having to lift my pocket pc from the cradle.

8)

Old 11-02-2004, 07:45 AM
OneAngryDwarf
Intellectual

ebooks - I was skeptical at first but now I won't read a book unless I can read it on my handheld

GPS - Just moved to LA and its the only reason I'm able to get around

GPRS - Great when you are really bored but crucial when I'm out and about and need to get somewhere using my GPS and don't know the address... Might be a bit slow but its a lot better than trying to find a phonebook everywhere I go.

Bluetooth - this is a bit redundant since I use bluetooth for my GPS and to connect to my BT phone (for GPRS)

Old 11-02-2004, 07:56 AM
k_kirk
Intellectual

TiVo & Time shifting on live TV. MP3 or digital music more broadly. Just two things that come to my mind off the top.

Old 11-02-2004, 08:09 AM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

My Monte Blanc pen. No batteries, no startup time, lightweight and TONS of style