Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 10-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Sena HP 4700 Case Available for Pre-Order

http://www.senacases.com/hx4700/

Sena have just announced that you can pre-order their new cases for the HP IPAQ hx4700. As usual it looks like they have got a good design in a variety of colours. The features include a slim design, magnetic closure, the ability to Hotsync through the cradle and travel cable, an optional ULTRA belt-clip, 2 SD card slots, a multi-purpose pocket, a headphone jack & microphone opening, easy access to all buttons including the reset button, 2 credit card pockets, an optional slide-in-mirror and the cases are made of high quality full grain leather. All bases covered? I think so. :wink:

Sena plan to to start shipping pre-ordered cases on November 17th 2004 and untill then, there is a special pre-offer discount of 20% off the original purchase price of the product. So the 4700 case is US$35.19 without a belt clip and US$37.59 with a belt clip and Sena do ship cases outside the US. (Note that you can only use one discount code at a time with Sena, ie. you can't stack them). One of the many benefits to PPCT subscribers is that you get 20% off any regularly-priced Sena case. Sweet. :-)

Old 10-22-2004, 01:16 PM
paris
Intellectual

nice but who needs a case with a Magnesium-alloy body and a screen cover? All i am waitting for is some egrips cut for the hx4700 to stick them on the back to make sure the device does not move from anywhere you sit it.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:12 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Would have been nice if they had the X50 case available for pre-order, with shipping on 17 Nov .

Old 10-22-2004, 02:19 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris
nice but who needs a case with a Magnesium-alloy body and a screen cover?
I was wondering that. Personally I would want a leather case with a 4700, as I like the ULTRA clips attached to your belt. It's also very satisfying to flip the leather lid closed when you are finished. :wink:

Old 10-22-2004, 02:47 PM
BGinWA
Pupil

Personally I hate the side flip cover that it comes with, and I definately want a case when I stick it in my bag traveling (briefcase bag). My problem is that no one seems to be planning a case for it with the extended battery!

Old 10-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGinWA
My problem is that no one seems to be planning a case for it with the extended battery!
Well, it's a bit early for that surely? Do we even know the dimentions and weight of the 4700 extended battery?

Old 10-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Sena HP 4700 Case Availible for Pre-Order

I actually quite like the design of this case. It has a rather professional touch to it and seems to accommodate for the ports on the hx4700 very well. I give this case the thumbs up. :way to go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon Watkins
an optional slide-in-mirror
Funnily enough, while I understand the mirror is good as a protective insert for the case, I've always used something else as a mirror. Something more...innovative. My Pocket PC screen! 8)

Old 10-22-2004, 04:50 PM
BGinWA
Pupil

I've had my extended battery for over a week, I made some inquires and no one seems to have plans to make a case to support it

Old 10-22-2004, 05:47 PM
R K
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to R K Send a message via AIM to R K

Unfortunately, extended battery cases aren't that popular. That's probably why nobody has plans for them.
On the other hand, if it's something that you're just going to stick in your bag, why don't you get a generic PDA case that will fit the iPAQ with extended battery?

Old 10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Greybard
Pupil

I had an extended battery for about a week....

I returned it because:

1. It required me to carry an extra iPAQ metal back.
2. it added about 1/2 in thinkness to my iPAQ.
3. it at least doubled the weight of my iPAQ.
4. My cases wouldn't fit it and it would double my case cost my requiring me to purchase twice as many cases.

Not worth it...
I will probably buy one of the lithium battery packs to go with my PocketPCTech's battery charger.

GB