Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Old 10-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Laridian Adds Ryrie Study Bible Notes To Pocket Bible Library

http://www.laridiansales.com/order/productpages/LBKRSB001.asp?order_platform=ce&ring=apwzwtzws

"More than ever, we seek help in understanding the scriptures. Charles C. Ryrie's years of study, teaching and writing make him exceptionally qualified to help readers grasp the Bible's fundamental truths. The 10,000 study notes, written by Dr. Ryrie, are the cornerstone of the Ryrie Study Bible and are designed to illuminate and help you understand the verse you are reading. The notes provide a variety of helps: some furnish historical or archaeological background, others translate or interpret the text more clearly; some define words and doctrines; and many refer you to other passages which relate to the same subject."

The Ryrie Study Bible Notes includes over 10,000 notes on the Bible along with timelines, cross references, articles - including an interesting article on the period of time between when the last book of the Old Testament was written and the start of the Gospels, Dr. Ryrie's "Synopsis of Bible Doctrine," tables and more. It is approximately 2.2MB and can be installed on a storage card or flash ROM drive. It is $14.99. It requires Pocket Bible and obviously works best when you have your favorite translation installed.

Old 10-20-2004, 03:24 PM
flooder
Ponderer

Looks good.

Ed, you mendtioned Pocket Bible 3.0. I don't see any reference to 3.0. The last version I see is 2.025. Do you know something we don't??

Old 10-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLooder
Looks good.

Ed, you mendtioned Pocket Bible 3.0. I don't see any reference to 3.0. The last version I see is 2.025. Do you know something we don't??
I actually have no clue where I got that from. ops: Fixed. Thanks!

Old 10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
G-squared
Pupil

I was just waiting for Craig R. to chime in on that!!

Old 10-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-squared
I was just waiting for Craig R. to chime in on that!!
Actually, I do have a clue where I got it. I was perusing Laridian's site last night and was curious to see what they were doing on the Palm side of things. They have a big "My Bible 3.0" featured download and the 3.0 just stuck with me when wrote this post later last night.

Old 10-20-2004, 06:15 PM
welovejesus
Ponderer
Default Thank you keeping us updated, Ed!

Ed,
Thank you for keeping us up to date with Laridian's latest offerings! Laridian's software allows me to study the Bible without any desktop software. I just need to save up and wait for discounts for different Bible versions.

P.S. I have Windows Mobile 2003 with NYDITOT and found the Laridian Bible works very well in landscape mode.