Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 09-17-2004, 08:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Roadwired Pod versus Hurricane Ivan: Fight!

http://www.shinyplastic.com/archive...-pod-review.php

"You may have guessed from the rest of ShinyPlastic.com that I love gadgets: I normally have one or two gadgets in my pockets but when I travel on business or go on vacation I need a better solution for transporting my camera, iPod mini, Pocket PC, cases, headphones, chargers, memory cards, etc etc etc. Roadwired were kind enough to send me their Pod "digital lifestyle" bag and I tested it on a 10 day trip to Mexico: A trip that ended with Category 5 Hurricane Ivan coming to visit! How did the Pod cope with Ivan?, keep reading to find out..."

A Pod, packed with electronics gear, and a hurricane. Makes for a gripping story - but, really, there's no match. I'll give away the ending: the Pod won. 8)

Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 AM
WyattEarp
Sage

You can't buy that type of advertising. This is a bag I'd tell anyone with gadets to buy. I know I'm happy with mine.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:00 AM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

I have difficulty getting everything I want into my Podzilla. How does he get that much into a Pod? :?:

Old 09-18-2004, 03:21 PM
jcmoffitt
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to jcmoffitt Send a message via AIM to jcmoffitt Send a message via MSN to jcmoffitt Send a message via Yahoo to jcmoffitt
Default I thought I had too many toys

:?

Just when I thought I had too many toys, I read an article like this. LOL
That does look very interesting to say the least. I wonder if I could cram my laptop and all its accesories in that bag? LOL...

Old 09-19-2004, 12:54 PM
Techtoys
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to Techtoys

I was on Grand Cayman during Ivan and whilst the PPC survived it was useless because there was no power. 4 days after the storm we made it out to Miami.

This isn't something I am going to try, but with winds of 175mph constant (gusts of 220) and horizontal rain hard enough to strip paint from cars, wouldn't the case just get blown away?

Old 09-19-2004, 04:10 PM
disconnected
Sage

Techtoys,
Always travel with a battery extender. A PPC should never be useless as long as you have AA batteries.

Old 09-19-2004, 05:10 PM
WyattEarp
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disconnected
Techtoys,
Always travel with a battery extender. A PPC should never be useless as long as you have AA batteries.
Amen. Pocket PC Techs Lil Sync Retractable Sync-n-Charge Cable and USB AA Battery Adapter Never leave home without them.

Old 09-19-2004, 06:51 PM
zilla31
Sage

how "big" is this thing in real life? i'd love to get one but want to keep it small and not too dorky looking

Old 09-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla31
how "big" is this thing in real life? i'd love to get one but want to keep it small and not too dorky looking
My review of it: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/arti...n=expand,12847