Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Dell X50 Rumors Surface -- With VGA

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2201

"Here's a rare treat--rare because Dell usually keeps a very tight lid on their upcoming models. A source, who shall remain anonymous on the hope that Dell's black ops team won't find him and terminate him, has revealed information recieved by his company from Dell about the next generation Axim. According to the report, the Axim X50 will have three different models in its line, with the highest using a 3.7 inch VGA screen."

There are a few more rumors on the linked article, like the fact that the scheduled release date is in the October time frame, but they're a little vague... let's hope this pans out and becomes a worthy contender for top-of-the-line Pocket PC. 8)

Old 08-30-2004, 03:15 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

If this doesn't get HP motivated to release the HX4700 soon, I'm not sure what will.

8)

Old 08-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Birdman
Theorist

Please, please an unlocked phone edition device with a built in keyboard, please, please.

My XDA I is creaking, creaking, but still holding on.

Old 08-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydidnt
If this doesn't get HP motivated to release the HX4700 soon, I'm not sure what will.

8)
The ever increasing "drool-ness factor" of the Asus MyPal A730. 8)

Old 08-30-2004, 03:34 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Apod
The ever increasing "drool-ness factor" of the Asus MyPal A730. 8)
Yes, though the drool factor of the Loox 720 is more of a motivator for me. However, in the US market, only Dell and HP remain as major players, and they would both rather slit their wrists than lose market share to the other. It's my hope that HP sees that Dell will soon be to market (probably at about 60% of the price) with a VGA device and decides to make it a priority to get these VGA machines out to the market NOW. We'll see!

Old 08-30-2004, 05:49 PM
kaitanium
Theorist

if it can top or meet the asus a730 in looks and specs and beat the price, im sold!

Old 08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Tye
Intellectual

I don't expect anyone to believe me but I hang out in a pub here in Austin where a lot of the Dell guys seem to meet. A few days ago I heard two of them talking about Dell's new PDA.

Between all the noise and the distance from them I could only pick out that they are definitely trying to compete with the HP stuff in quality and the prices probably won't be the lowball prices like the rest of the x series.

Last year I overheard some guys talking about the new Bluetooth x3's and knew they were real long before most people. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of pulling out my 2200 and striking up a conversation. They were scared to death that I'd post what I heard on a site like PPCT. Being a "man of my word" I kept my mouth shut.
This time, I didn't talk to the guys and just listened as much as possible.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:58 PM
mvv_hyd
Pupil

If the said specs are true.......then I'm sold for it.. as I see the real competetor would be HX4705 which is $650... so, if X50 is significantly less than (I think it would be going by the history), this is a definite buy for me

Old 08-30-2004, 07:12 PM
gibson042
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
Please, please an unlocked phone edition device with a built in keyboard, please, please.
Second!

Old 08-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Wilbert
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman
Second!
This will be comming, but not with this model...

Dell has some pretty cool idea's in the pipe that NO ONE has done yet with a PDA. :wink:

The x50 will be pretty cool, and like Dell has done in the past I am sure they will price the unit pretty low compaired to HP.