Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Articles & Resources

Old 08-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default PocketPC Addict Reviews PIToday 2.0

http://www.pocketpcaddict.com/modul...ic&t=3690#11165

"PIToday was created originally as a personal project by Deje, a Pocket Informant enthusiast, who wanted more control from his today screen. But since then, it has been developed to professional standards, and has become one of the most popular PIM based Today screen plugins available. I've been running version 1 since it was first released, and have found it invaluable, so I was delighted when Deje sent me a late beta of version 2 for review just a few days ahead of release. So, without further ado, lets take a look at just how far this program has come since the last update from not so long ago."

It's great to see so many fantastic new Today screen plugins -- both this and PocketBreeze seem to be particularly popular as of late -- and Brad gives PIToday the thumbs-up.

Old 08-26-2004, 05:33 PM
ricksfiona
Pontificator
Send a message via AIM to ricksfiona

If only I didn't need to synchronize my data with ACT! :cry:

Old 08-26-2004, 05:55 PM
willkess71
Ponderer
Send a message via AIM to willkess71 Send a message via MSN to willkess71

When Can I Get it! It looks incredible.

Old 08-26-2004, 06:55 PM
JTEK
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksfiona
If only I didn't need to synchronize my data with ACT! :cry:
Ahhh, I would love to synchronize with Act!, but the tools out there are seriously lacking (ActLink for PPC, Trans/Act for PPC, et. al.).

I'm curious as to what you're using to do so. Moreover, have you tried using the new Act! 7.0?

Old 08-26-2004, 07:12 PM
PiatekHS
Pupil

You can get it at http://www.pitoday.de.vu/

Any idea what the upgrade cost will be from version 1.x?

It is excellent and looks even better now.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:18 PM
JTWise
Intellectual

According to Deje, Version 1 Users will receive a 50% discount on version 2.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:37 PM
maymaio
Pupil

As it seems to me, once again PIToday copied most features from PocketBreeze.... :evil: and still PocketBreeze is much better looking and with more valuable features! 8) (to my opinion....)

SBSH is also offering %50 off as a competitive offer, which means you will need to pay about the same price to upgrade from PIToday to PocketBreeze and now you can also enjoy your contact on your today screen with ContactBreeze!

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketb...special_offers

I must admit that although I don't work for SBSH, I am part of their beta group..... but I really advice to check PocketBreeze before making any decisions.

Old 08-26-2004, 07:59 PM
surur
Mystic

Mmm... its very nice, but its also starting to become intimidating. Ive got many plug-ins on my today screen, and PIToday 2 seems to do best as the only item on the screen.

It worries me a bit that Ive wasted all the functionality of this program by just using it show appointments, and switching off most of the display options so it fits within 140 pixels, instead of 300.

Well. thats progress, but it feels like its leaving me behind.

Surur

Old 08-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Marcel_Proust
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maymaio
As it seems to me, once again PIToday copied most features from PocketBreeze.... :evil: and still PocketBreeze is much better looking and with more valuable features! 8) (to my opinion....)

SBSH is also offering %50 off as a competitive offer, which means you will need to pay about the same price to upgrade from PIToday to PocketBreeze and now you can also enjoy your contact on your today screen with ContactBreeze!

http://www.sbsh.net/products/pocketb...special_offers

I must admit that although I don't work for SBSH, I am part of their beta group..... but I really advice to check PocketBreeze before making any decisions.
Don't get angry, this is great for us! Look what happened at AF and PI, they are always trying to leapfrog each other, and neither is above copying.
Right now I'm preferring PocketBreeze especially with the incredible contact plug in. Is anything like that in that in the new PIToday?
Is the new PIToday as fast as PocketBreeze, which seems to coexist quite happily with other plugins. And this is even with seven days displayed in a very busy schedule.
Those time gages graphics for busy/empty times look great - I don't think the ones in Pocketbreeze are as functional unless I am missing an option.

Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 PM
KTamas
Thinker

I still prefer PocketBreeze....