Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 08-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The REAL Reason You Want Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

Much has been said about the features in Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition, and how you need new hardware (namely, a VGA screen) to really take advantage of it, but I wanted to point out one very important feature that requires no special hardware: displaying the OS version!

:lol: I'm kidding of course, this doesn't make the upgrade any more exciting, but I would like to publicly thank Microsoft for adding the version number to the About screen. This might seem like a small thing, and indeed on one level it is, but after having answered the question of "What version of Windows Mobile is on my device?" so many times, it's fantastic to see Microsoft finally make this easy to discover. Now if they could only work on why I can't access a local network shared drive from File Explorer without being warned I need to set up a VPN...

Old 08-09-2004, 10:27 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic
Default Re: The REAL Reason You Want Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Now if they could only work on why I can't access a local network shared drive from File Explorer without being warned I need to set up a VPN...
Hmm...never had that problem with PPC2002 or WM2003 (FE). :|

Old 08-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Abba Zabba
Intellectual

Some of us enthusiasts do have to admit that there is always a coolness factor when it comes to having the latest anything :twisted:

Old 08-10-2004, 03:55 AM
isilver
Intellectual

That is a great upgrade. Just 2 days ago a buddy asked me what OS version he was using. I told him it should be obvious, just go to the about screen. Little did I know that it did not display the about screen. He had to wait until the next day where I could look over his device to see what version it was. It was a say day for me. :cry:

Old 08-10-2004, 05:43 PM
jweisz
Pupil

Quote:
...:lol: I'm kidding of course, this doesn't make the upgrade any more exciting, but I would like to publicly thank Microsoft for adding the version number to the About screen.
Hmmm....My 4155 (NOT WM2003SE (but that's another rant)) shows Version 4.20.1081 (Build 13100) on its About screen.

Old 08-10-2004, 07:48 PM
mscdex
Sage

Quote:
Now if they could only work on why I can't access a local network shared drive from File Explorer without being warned I need to set up a VPN...
I tried this the other day and got the same message

Old 08-10-2004, 10:31 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

No issues here. :confused totally: