Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Hey, he made me "chuckle"!

Contrary to the fact that it may have been a serious issue, this so-called person made me "chuckle":

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17382

Your thoughts? :lol:

Old 07-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Steven Cedrone

Well, I really do like IE (but I'm very cautious about where I surf to :wink: )...

Steve

Old 07-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

I like IE as well (even though I've been a Firefoxer since it first came out). It was just the way he said his comment that made me laugh.

I must admit that the improvements made to IE in SP2 are certainly an improvement.

Old 07-23-2004, 05:49 PM
OSUKid7
Mystic

I do like IE, but have given it up and moved to Firefox. True, SP2 improves IE a ton, and it's a very nice and usable browser, but Firefox just has so many more customizable options. If IE ever had tabbed browsing, I might switch back.

Old 07-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUKid7
If IE ever had tabbed browsing, I might switch back.
It can if you load Avant Browser :wink:

Steve

Old 07-23-2004, 06:33 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Quote:
Yes, but Janak finally convinced S. Snack to switch over to Firefox because of the "even better" tab handling. And if S. Snack thinks Firefox is good, EVERYONE should. :P

Old 07-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati Compton
Yes, but Janak finally convinced S. Snack to switch over to Firefox because of the "even better" tab handling. And if S. Snack thinks Firefox is good, EVERYONE should. :P
I have Firefox installed, but I still seem to go back to IE every few weeks (the last was when I had the problems with that spell check program - and I'll be playing with that again this weekend)...

Steve

Old 07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kati Compton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Quote:
That's right, and I was using Opera, which has "even better" tab handling than Avant Browser! Which makes Firefox's tabs "even even better". :P

Old 07-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Logsdon
That's right, and I was using Opera, which has "even better" tab handling than Avant Browser! Which makes Firefox's tabs "even even better". :P
:rotfl:

Seriously, I tried Firefox three times (well, Phoenix and Firebird several times, to be precise) until it stuck (was using Mozilla before that). It's a matter of having your fingers learn the controls so that it feels comfortable.

--janak

Old 07-23-2004, 09:38 PM
MacBriar
Ponderer

I also like IE and used it for many years ......................

.....but (there's always a but isn't there) with the recent round of security nightmares causing problems with online banking I finally gritted my teeth and moved to Firefox. Now I am asking myself why I didn't do this before, tabbed browsing is the way forward. I love being able to open up Firefox and have Geek.com, PocketPCThoughts.com, The Register, Slashdot etc open as my home page each in it's own tab.

I would only move back to IE now full time if and only if they introduced tabbed browsing into the program core (not as an add on).

Ewan