Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2004, 05:15 AM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher
Default Just got invited to Gmail o.O

THIS IS SOOO COOL!!!

I got an invite from someone over at AppleTalk Australia (at least that's where I turned up after browsing many many forums and playing some guess the number games -- 1000 times 8O )

But I LOVE Gmail now. I forwarded alllllll of my emails to my Gmail account. (That includes 3 Hotmail's, 2 Yahoo's, 2 Spymac's, 1 ISP's, 5 Mail.com's, etc)

Gmail is by far the best web email I've seen in a long time

BTW I didn't even notice the ads on the side -- in fact I hardly realized they were there until I was looking at the ads entry in the help section and remembered that Gmail had them. As for email scanning, hahaha, it worries me about as much as the fact that Windows scans folders to see if they contain music files :lol:
Gmail is clean, simple, speedy, and innovative

I hope they release Gmail to the public soon so all of you PPCT readers can grab an account!

PS: I also want to point out that Gmail seems very accurate with the way it calculates your inbox size usage (that is, 1000MB 8) ). For example, in my main Hotmail account, they seem to exaggerate my email size, so if I send a 550KB message, hotmail acts like its a 1MB message and adds a percentage to my usage. Yahoo does the same thing, at least, that's the way I see it.:evil: As for Gmail, I sent an email totalling 4MB (almost exactly) and it reported that 4MB was used up. Then I sent a 0.8 MB email and Gmail still reported that I was using 4MB 8O
BTW: my inbox usage is 4MB (0%) LOL :lol: