Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2004, 03:25 AM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!
Default I need some Turkish Delight!

Okay, if you don't know what Turkish Delight is, get your mind out of the gutter.

It can be most quickly described as soft gummy candy with a powdered sugar coating -- but better.

There was a store near me that used to carry it, both in fruit flavors and the rose flavor. But they no longer carry it! I miss it.

I found the rose flavor at a few online British candy sites. I'd like the fruit flavored kind too, though. Not mint, though - that just doesn't work for me. And I don't mean the chocolate-covered jelly that is the Cadbury/Frys variety.

So, I figure there have to be a few transplants to the US that have found a place to get it. Anyone have a website?

There are the ones I've tried:

Shop England Online
BritishCandy.com (disclaimer - they have some... let's just say "unusual" candy there, but not shown on the main page. Not for kids.)
Britsuperstore E-Shop
British Delights (I had high hopes for this one given the name)
UK Goods

Well, even if no one knows where I can get fruit-flavored Turkish Delight, I hope that these links help somebody in North America find candy that they've missed.

By the way - my local source for this type of candy is a great chain store: Cost Plus World Market. Think Pier One Imports but less expensive, plus international food stuff. Very useful. They have stores in a lot of states.