Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 06-11-2004, 12:00 AM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Infosync World Review Dell Axim X30

http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5015.html

Infosync World have had a close look at the new Dell Axim X30 in a decent 2 page review. They conclude:

"Model confusion aside, buyers opting for Dell's high-end version of the Axim X30 are in for a treat. This handheld offers great connectivity options, a clean design, and some nice bonuses for a very good price. The downsides include the clumsy Wi-Fi configuration, clumsy screen rotation implementation, an anemic speaker, and a casing more boxy than stylish with a few rough edges. Wireless buffs, however, should appreciate the available options, especially at the total price of dirt cheap."

Yup, can't beat the price. I like the line in review where they say that Dell came late to the Windows Mobile party, but fashionably so. Very droll. Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:

Old 06-11-2004, 12:46 AM
fgarcia10
Intellectual

I could not resist the temptation anymore and ordered one today. Now the waiting game, please Dell don't make me wait too long :roll:

Old 06-11-2004, 04:36 AM
serpico
Intellectual

I'm tempted too. I started a thread in the Palm > PocketPC category asking for help from the forum in helping me choose. It seems people like to view, but not respond. I understand, I'm not the first and not the last to ask the same old questions. Other sites I usually skip answering thinking someone else (with more time) will answer.

I think after doing my own research the Dell is the best and even at $442 CDN on Dell's site, it's still a good deal compared to the high priced models from HP and Toshiba at local retail stores. I'll go over to infosync as well and read their review.

I just don't know what to expect moving from Palm to PocketPC. When I tried it was on a Philips Nino 300 and WindowsCE, and I didn't like it. I think that's what stopping me from buying a PocketPC quick now. I don't want to turn this into a different thread, so please respond to my original thread in the other category, Palm to PocketPC. Thanks.

Old 06-11-2004, 04:48 AM
arnage2
Oracle

the x30 was one of the best pda purchases ive made. Its so small and light, with so so much power

Old 06-11-2004, 01:32 PM
Duncan
Pontificator
Default Re: Infosync World Review Dell Axim X30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon Watkins
Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:
It's funny you should say that - there is apparently a prototype of a VGA Dell doing the rounds of some companies right now (no - I know nothing more than that, having only had it mentioned in passing by someone giving me Loox info...)

Old 06-11-2004, 02:08 PM
foldedspace
Thinker

If it had a CF slot, it would have already burned a hole in my pocket...

Old 06-11-2004, 05:18 PM
Jonathon Watkins
Swami
Default Re: Infosync World Review Dell Axim X30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathon Watkins
Now Dell, how about a fashionably late, high end and cheap VGA Pocket PC? :wink:
It's funny you should say that - there is apparently a prototype of a VGA Dell doing the rounds of some companies right now (no - I know nothing more than that, having only had it mentioned in passing by someone giving me Loox info...)
Hmmmm, I had a hunch.... :wink:

Still, I would very much hesitate over getting another Dell after the 'support' they are offering re: a PPC2003SE upgrade for the X5. :?