¹ What's Next for Zune? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 01-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Aaron Roma
Editor Emeritus
Default What's Next for Zune?

http://www.istartedsomething.com/20070117/zune-phone-toys-trademark/

"Today, Microsoft was granted the “Zune” trademark filed on August 16, 2006. As you would expect, the Zune trademark includes uses for a multimedia player and entertainment device, but did you also know, the Zune trademark also covers telecommunication and internet services?... Just when you thought this might be a serious indication of the Zune’s future strategies, Microsoft has also included a bunch of silly toy-related products for the Zune name. Zune roller skates? Zune golf carry bags?"

Microsoft was finally granted its Zune trademark. Sure enough, Microsoft was sure to get all their ducks in a row (pun intended) and have trademarked the Zune name in the areas of cellular phone services as well as other Internet and network functions. This paves the way for some of the future uses of Zune that we know are coming, such as a Zune phone. Unfortunately for you aspiring entrepreneurs out there, Microsoft has also blocked you from jumping on the Zune bandwagon by trade marking just about every use of the Zune you can think of. So much for my Zune Shaving Kit!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:21 PM
NPrtmn4evr
Ponderer

I would LOVE a pair of Zune roller skates

Old 01-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Just so long as we don't see a repeat of the 'iPaq' fiasco where everything under the sun was given the iPaq name...

Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 AM
Paul Martin
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damion Chaplin View Post
Just so long as we don't see a repeat of the 'iPaq' fiasco where everything under the sun was given the iPaq name...
Which brings up an interesting thought. Since the "i" Paq was before the ipod, wonder why HP didn't catch on with the "i" bidness. Of course, maybe the iMac came before the iPaq. I can't remember. iLak.