Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 05-21-2004, 12:21 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnajera
The moderaters here tend to be a little rude sometimes.
Really? Do you have specific examples of this "rudeness"? So far, the only rude comment, has been yours. :roll: If you don't have anything pertinent to add to this thread (IE: you want to sell a device to the person that started this thread) Do not post here!

Steve

Old 05-21-2004, 12:27 PM
jnajera
Intellectual
Default Moderator "rudeness"

[MODERATOR: This post was split off from another thread]

The moderaters here tend to be a little rude sometimes.

Old 05-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Steven Cedrone

Posts split from here...

Steve

Old 05-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

They're not rude they just don't beat around the bush when your posts are in violation, it's just a natural reaction to your baby being attacked (this probably has a name), I have felt they were being rude when they critisized my posts, but after I came back and looked again they were right, and they just didn't bother to add all the extra words to make it sound nice, but it certainly wasn't rude or mean.

Old 05-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Empyrean
Pupil

I skim these forums quite frequently and it always annoys me when someone posts like "jnajera" without anything substantial to back it up. I always feel like they are just trying to stir things up. It is definitely not constructive.

That being said, Steven's response supports that statement a little. If you are in a position of customer service or support it is generally a no-no to react to a customer's negative comments with one of the same. I think jnajera's post leaves much to be desired but it was a statement of personal opinion. I wouldn't consider it rude. On the other hand, I think "Do not post here!" is definitely rude. But that's just how I read it.

A better response may have been:

"Do you have specific examples of a moderator being rude? It is our sincerest goal to make our users feel welcome and enjoy their stay here. In the future, please try to start a new thread for new topics as not to hijack another user's thread. Again, please cite some examples of moderator's acting rudely and we'll check into it."

That's just me winging it but I think it still get's the point across while being less inflammatory and showing concern about the feedback given. No one is perfect and this whole thread could have been started much more constructively. This type of thread *IS* probably the reason why moderators will sometimes have a knee-jerk reaction as they are being publicly dragged through the mud with no supporting evidence.

Overall, this site is great and pretty much the only place I come for PocketPC related news. This is partially because the moderators are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

--AJ

Old 05-21-2004, 02:13 PM
Steven Cedrone

AJ,

Actually, the original comment is the direct result of a misunderstanding between myself and a buyer in the "Buy and Sell" forum. But, because this was split from the other thread, you are reading it out of context. This post was made right after I had posted about not posting "unless you had something to sell". See the third post in this thread to find the original thread. You can follow by time stamp to see the whole conversation as it developed. I decided to split these comments as I knew it would completely hijak the original thread.

Steve

Old 05-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

We (I anyway) sometimes get into reading only part of a split, but if you are going to reply you should at least glance at the other part of the thread fork (in this particular case I read the entire original thread after my post, but it didn't require that I update, edit or remove my post so I left it)

Old 05-21-2004, 03:12 PM
jnajera
Intellectual

This little episode you just pulled is a prime "example" of the stuff that goes on sometimes. Instead of deleting the post and keeping it between us, you go and start a whole new thread about it and make me look like the bad guy and put me out there so my fellow PPC comrads can bash me. I can point out a few instances of this but why would I want to. I was just stating my opinion to somebody.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnajera
This little episode you just pulled is a prime "example" of the stuff that goes on sometimes. Instead of deleting the post and keeping it between us, you go and start a whole new thread about it and make me look like the bad guy and put me out there so my fellow PPC comrads can bash me. I can point out a few instances of this but why would I want to. I was just stating my opinion to somebody.
WOAH buddy, calm down, he only put it here instead of deleting it because he respects your oppinion, if you don't care about the statment you just made not too long ago, the drop it, he wasn't trying to make an example of you, the regularly leave posts open for further discussion, if he was making an example of you it would be in the "Hall of flame and shame", that and he had an open question to you asking for examples of how they were rude.

Old 05-21-2004, 03:29 PM
jnajera
Intellectual

It just made me mad the way it made me look. I did not intend to turn this into my own thread. I was just helping out another member by letting him know the way I look at things around here so he would not take it so personal.