Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 05-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Pat Logsdon
Magi
Default Concentrix: The Game of Falling Rings

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...Id=0&catalog=30

"eSoft Interactive has just released Concentrix, the game of the falling rings! Concentrix is an action-puzzle game that brings a new twist to handheld casual gaming. Some of the cool features of Concentrix are:

� All original gameplay
� Eight different games in one gamepack
� Record and playback your games anytime
� Synchronize your scores and compete with the best players online
� Free lifetime updates
All for only $9.95!" [Affiliate]

To stave off the inevitable questions, let me just tell you that this game does NOT involve Hobbits in any way. :mrgreen: This actually looks pretty interesting - has anyone tried it?

Old 05-19-2004, 12:54 AM
stevehiner
Ponderer

I tried the demo few weeks ago.

It's an interesting game, I could see how it would get addicting if you're into tetris style games.

I had a couple issues with it on my iPAQ 2210. The control wasn't as smooth as I expected so it was sometimes hard to rotate the ring correctly since it would pause for a moment then jump 2 or 3 spaces. In games like this it's critical to have smooth movement, especially near the end of the levels since you're frantically trying to get the rings rotated correctly and you don't have any time to adjust for an overshoot.

I also had a very strange problem with it where after playing it my stylus taps would be off. When I'd tap the system reacted like I tapped a little higher or lower than I did. Seemed like it must have messed with the calibration somehow. It was always corrected by a soft reset but it was pretty annoying to have to reset after playing it.

If those 2 issues are (or have been) corrected I'd recommend the game to anyone that likes tetris like games. It's a really interesting twist on the genre. (pun partially intended)

Old 05-19-2004, 02:09 AM
maximus
2000 Posts And This is All I Get?
Send a message via ICQ to maximus Send a message via MSN to maximus

Woohoo. Editor-in-training. Congrats. =)

About the game, I have a similar experience with stevehiner's.
The control is jumpy, and during 2 days of gameplay, it crashed more than 5 times already. Some stability issue, I guess.

Old 05-19-2004, 02:50 AM
cixelsyd
Neophyte

What are some good puzzle games? I just got an ipaq and am looking for something fun, but there are so many available. Thanks!

Old 05-19-2004, 07:02 AM
PresBry
Pupil

Take it from me, folks...stay completely away from this game. If you are interested in why, PM me and I will be glad to explain why.

Old 05-19-2004, 08:35 AM
jizmo
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBry
Take it from me, folks...stay completely away from this game. If you are interested in why, PM me and I will be glad to explain why.
Rrrrroight. This guy sounds like a reliable source with his one posting :roll:

I've heard nothing but good about this game on other forums.

/jizmo

Old 05-19-2004, 11:41 AM
sponge
Philosopher

Check out the new version, quite a few changes, mostly branding and interface. Working on a review for PocketGamer, it's pretty fun. As for the 1 post warning, I have no clue what that's about.

Old 05-19-2004, 01:41 PM
egarayblas
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to egarayblas Send a message via Yahoo to egarayblas

Hi,

I'm from eSoft Interactive and I would like to thank everyone for their comments. I would also like to invite everyone to try the new version. It looks and plays better now. I also use an h2210 and so far, the controls work great for me.

Presbry: We will appreciate it if you can share your sentiments/apprehensions to us also. We are dedicated to improving our products as we go along and if there's any major issues/problems, we would really like to correct those and enhance the game even more.

For those who have cool suggestios or comments, please feel free to visit our forums at http://www.esoftinteractive.com/forums/ or email us at [email protected].

Thank you for your time!

Old 05-19-2004, 05:01 PM
jjdyer
Pupil

I have been playing the game for a few weeks now and have had no problems (Toshiba e805). It has NEVER crashed for me.

If you want a game that can be quite addicting, give this one a try! I find that Concentrix helps the long commute fly by.

Old 05-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresBry
Actually, since you decided to post this in public, you should respond in public explaining your statement...

Steve