Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default V2R Releases Calls2React v1.0

http://www.mobilesolutions.ro/press...9cdbc0b43a60673

"V2R Calls2React is a tool that displays a picture for every incoming, outgoing or missed calls and is designed as an upgrade for Microsoft's Dialer calls history. With V2R Calls2React you can view a picture of every missed/incoming/outgoing for easy recognition. The picture is assigned by V2R Caller2Picture and automatically used by Calls2React."

I'm going to have to try this on my i700 -- I particularly like the large buttons that make the interface thumbable, unlike the built-in Pocket PC Phone tools which really require a stylus or very precise thumbing. I'd love to have a tool that would automatically utilize the i700's camera, but this looks like a nice start nevertheless. You can get download a trial or buy a copy for $8.34 from PocketGear. [affiliate]

Old 04-29-2004, 05:28 PM
surur
Mystic

Thumb-able, single-handed interfaces are really missing from the ppcpe scene. Ive discovered the built-in dialer is actually not too bad from that point of view, accept for some glaring omissions (e.g cant go back up the menu using the end call key, no buttons to start the speaker phone or sms messages etc).

Ive not seen any dialer coming close yet, but I live in hope.

Surur

Old 04-29-2004, 05:31 PM
jake080
Intellectual

Soo, for someone say, not wanting a PPC Phone, is there VoIP type stuff that one on a network, BT or WiFi, with highspeed internet, can use to dial out to a literal phone ?!?!

if not, why not?!?

~Jake

Old 04-29-2004, 06:58 PM
pivaska
Intellectual

I'd like to know the answer to voip question too. I need something to go between countries and not for the big bucks. Our converstations last a couple of minutes but if we can do it voip then we save a lot of money.[/quote]

Old 04-29-2004, 07:34 PM
Ryan Joseph
Philosopher

I'm definately going to try this program. The photo caller ID is worth it alone. And the fact that it uses the pictures even in the call history just makes it better.

My PPC Phone doesn't have a built in camera, though...that means taking photos with my digital camera, downloading them at home, shrinking them to minimum size, then transfering them to the PPC. Time consuming...I can't wait for the h6300. :mrgreen:

Old 04-30-2004, 03:30 AM
PPCMD
Thinker

Another thought is using company logo's as your picture ID.