Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 04-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default Weather On Your Today Screen

http://www.marsware.net/4436/index.html

I've seen a few different applications for delivering weather information to my Pocket PC, but MarsWare Technologies has an especially slick version, called WeatherPanel.

All you have to do is enter your zip code into the application, and every time your device detects an Internet connection, WeatherPanel updates the information for your local area.

Specific features are:

� Displays current temperature
� Shows five day forecast
� Automatically downloads updated data when internet connection detected
� Forecasts automatically adjust to display only future dates
� Weather for up to four cities can be displayed
� Multi-threaded and optimized for speed and performance

You can download a free trial version or buy the full version for only $7.99 from the MarsWare site.

But WAIT!! If you'd like to get an even better deal on this application (and at that price, about the only better deal you can get would be FREE), MarsWare is giving a free license to ten Pocket PC Thoughts readers! We'll randomly select the ten winners from the list of all entries.

In order to get your name entered for this giveaway, all you have to do is post a response to this thread. In your response, include at least one reason why it would be useful for you to have up-to-date weather information on your Pocket PC.

As always, there are a few extra rules:

� You may enter only once.
� You must enter before 1:00am EST May 3, 2004.
� You may not question the selection of the winners.
� You may not whine.
� You may not make fun of Brad's eVEST (just thought I'd throw that one in)

Good luck!

Old 04-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Andrew
Ponderer

Hi,
Something like this would be useful for me because I travel a lot around Europe. I live in Prague, but because of my job, I quite often have to go to places like Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam etc, and at the moment Im going on to the internet and doing the research manually so I know what clothes etc to pack. Something like this on my ipaq would be more than useful!

Andrew

Old 04-27-2004, 09:13 AM
ubersoldat
Neophyte

Hi all,

i've been looking for some time already about program like that, and this seems like a good choice right now. I travel a lot and i will really use it.

Old 04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
ChristopherTD
Thinker

I am always being asked what the weather forecast is, and have to delve down into an AvantGo weather channel. Something on the today screen would be neat...

Old 04-27-2004, 09:30 AM
jack in the box
Pupil

I've two choices to find out the weather, turn around and look out of the window or use my pocket PC to find out, no contest really :lol:

Old 04-27-2004, 09:35 AM
juni
Sage

Whish they would incorporate the weather icons they bought from me, but perhaps it is difficult to get transparencies working (I'm no programmer).

Old 04-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Dylan
Neophyte

I could use this program, I like to take a day off every now and then (on a whim), and always end up in bad weather, ruining both my day and my mood. Now I'll always know whether or not it's an off day or an office day :-)

Old 04-27-2004, 10:22 AM
ojlittle
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to ojlittle

Like many of the others I'm a frequent traveler. I have a house in Houston but spend the majority of my time in Paris, Frankfurt, & Moscow or somewhere in between. This would definitely help out.

Old 04-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Stephen Beesley
Thoughts Media Review Team

Why would this be useful to me?

My location info says it all - I am an Aussie but I live in Dublin. I love to know what the weather is like back home in sunny Perth - even when it torments me as the rain pours down here .

I also wish they had used Juni's icons. I haven't seen them, but going off the evidence of Juni's skins I suspect they are pretty impressive!

Old 04-27-2004, 10:52 AM
jizmo
Thinker

Whine! Whine! Whine!

There, I blew it :roll:

/jizmo