Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 04-20-2004, 05:33 AM
Zack Mahdavi
Pontificator
Default I switched (again)!

Well, after 13 years of using a PC, I switched to a Mac about a year and a half ago.

Today, I bought a refurbished Dell to run Windows again.

Sure, Macs are incredible, but I'm tired of launching Virtual PC to do stuff like install Pocket PC programs or some engineering programs I use. So instead of paying $200 to buy Virtual PC, I spent $400 to buy a cheap refurbished Dell. I'm happy..

Old 04-20-2004, 07:57 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

That is way to go. Macs are nice but you can't go exclusive with them. There are some ( ok a lot ) things you just need a Windows for to do them.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Kowalski
Pontificator
Send a message via MSN to Kowalski

agree with dean, you can live without a mac. and in my personal opinion you dont even need a mac, but you cant live without a windows system!
this is the truth!

Old 04-20-2004, 06:18 PM
Zack Mahdavi
Pontificator

Well, I agree and disagree. I disagree because I've been living without a Windows system for almost 2 years now. However, if you're a big gamer, then you absolutely can't live without a Windows system.

Same goes for if you use your Pocket PC to the extreme like all of us here at Pocket PC Thoughts..

Old 04-20-2004, 06:21 PM
dean_shan
Mystic

I love my Mac although I do get frustrated with it and wish it were a Windows. There are some things on it that you just can't do with the Windows.

Old 04-20-2004, 09:02 PM
JackTheTripper
Sage
Send a message via AIM to JackTheTripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalski
agree with dean, you can live without a mac. and in my personal opinion you dont even need a mac, but you cant live without a windows system!
this is the truth!
I've been using mac only at home since 1998. So actually, ya.... you can live without windoz.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:41 AM
CTSLICK
Sage

I just became a Mac owner on Monday. First Mac ever for me. The intro of the new Powerbook line dropped the price of the existing models and I got an even better break on an open box 12" Powerbook at a local reseller. Saved enough money to cover the cost of Applecare and an Airport card. I had actually been agonizing over what laptop to get for months. I damn near bought a refurb Dell 600m over the weekend. I'm still very much in the honeymoon period but so far everything has gone pretty smooth. It is without a doubt a very cool piece of hardware. I think it will work out nicely.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:44 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Good choice CTSLICK. I have that machine and I am very happy with it. One slick piece of hardware.

Old 04-21-2004, 06:59 AM
CTSLICK
Sage

Thanks dean_shan. I didn't plan on getting one with the superdrive but this one had it and the price was just too good. Looking forward to giving that a try. Had a little trauma with getting the aircard to give me any sort of reception but I sorted that out. Turned out to be a little piece of lint on the contact points of the aircard.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:03 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

Nice, I only have a combo. You should really think about getting Final Cut Pro. It's pricey, but if your lucky ( like me ) your school will get it for you.