Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 04-20-2004, 03:20 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default The Latest iPAQ 6300 News

News just keeps on coming in on what might be the world's worst secret... or the world's greatest misdirection At this rate, I'm expecting a Flash animation to be made available before a product is officially announced... :lol:

Old 04-20-2004, 03:34 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Hmm...another 6000 series model by the end of the year. Think I'll prolly wait to see what happens with that since I'm not liking the idea of canceling my Verizon contract just to get the latest iPaq. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Jeff Rutledge
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not a big fan of the looks with the keyboard attachment, but I think it looks good without. I guess it will depend on what the "wireless email" ends up looking like. Meaning, if I can get rid of my Blackberry by hooking this up to our BES, I may just have to live with the looks.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:32 AM
Mitch D
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
I'm not a big fan of the looks with the keyboard attachment, but I think it looks good without. I guess it will depend on what the "wireless email" ends up looking like. Meaning, if I can get rid of my Blackberry by hooking this up to our BES, I may just have to live with the looks.
Hey JR did you remember to keep your keyboard away from you so that your drool would not short it out? :wink:

Old 04-20-2004, 06:07 AM
bucho
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR
Same here... As much as I like the specs I'm not buying it unless the push blackberry like email is there... will stick to my P900.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:29 AM
DREAMWEAVER
Pupil

I am really supprised, it is so ugly. One of the main things that attracted me to the first iPAQs was the exciting look of them, this thing is real disapointment.

What happened to the LG slide out keyboard design? Now that was cool.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:56 AM
fishfuzz
Pupil

Props to you for the nice post - I just had to crib and post the news on pocketnow.com (of course giving the source credits to PPT )

Old 04-20-2004, 07:34 AM
manywhere
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to manywhere

The most interesting details in the Smartfone slides are the following:
  • A micro-keyboard will be included in the package
  • Mono wired headset (why not stereo, HP?)
  • The prices will be:
    6315 (w/ camera) -- $ 599
    6310 (no camera) -- $ 579
  • Some sort of MMS editor/viewer
You should take this with a grain of salt as we don't know when the slide was written and what has been changed since then... But it is juicy isn't it? :wink:

Old 04-20-2004, 01:02 PM
maximum360
Ponderer
Send a message via Yahoo to maximum360

1. Ugly
2. Bulky
3. Slow (200 MHz is a horrible option. For shame HP, 400 MHz should be standard these days)
4. Outdated OS (well kinda since we have a new one)
5. Horrible Camera option (I have an i700, a .3 Megapixel is kinda worhtless)
6. Memory is just average (I expected HP to pave the way for 128 MB RAM and 64 MB ROM standard).

The MPX seems like a much better option at this point. For me though, I think I'll stick with the i700 a bit longer. Carriers are just as important as the hardware IMO. I had T-Mobile for a year with an ipaq and the gprs sleeve and when I did get a signal it crawled.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:10 PM
ChristopherTD
Thinker

To add to the debate, I got an email from a supplier saying that the 5550 had gone "end of life" and that the 4150 was the current model to recommend.

So there is certainly a hole opening up in the HP line up!