Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 04-12-2004, 09:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Rumour: iPAQ 6300 Specs

http://www.mtekk.com.au/browse/page746.html

"Courtesy of new MTekk forum user ragnew, we now have what seems to be the most complete specifications yet for the oft-rumoured hp iPAQ 6000 series Pocket PC Phone. The source is a draft 3 page brochure, which seems to go into quite some detail. It looks like this will be quite a formidable device, although the fact that the brochure is a draft may indicate that further hardware changes are to occur. Nonetheless, it's exciting to see this level of detail! We've also received information that the device will be released through T-Mobile in May, with AT&T getting the device in August. This contradicts information recently discussed, which indicated either an April or August release - but at least there's not too long to see which date will be correct. Our informant goes on to say that, with the Motorola MPx to be released in July, hp can't afford to wait. And so, without any further ado, here are the specs..."

As far as I can tell, nothing here is a shock, but it's the most complete list of specs I've yet seen on the iPAQ 6300. Remember you can pre-order the device [affiliate] if you want to ensure you get it shortly after release.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
mscdex
Sage

Doesn't the Texas Instruments OMAP� 1510 clock in at 144mhz? 8O

Old 04-12-2004, 09:35 PM
rzanology
Sage

as much as i love ipaqs....this still doesn't look like it can draw me away from the mpx

Old 04-12-2004, 09:46 PM
phillypocket
Ponderer
Default Related Question

Since this article brings is up. Has anyone seen anything relatively solid on the timing or actual availability of either the HP or the Motorola device from T-moble.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:13 PM
possmann
Oracle
Send a message via MSN to possmann Send a message via Skype™ to possmann

Given T-Mobile "success" with selling the high priced XDA, I find it interesting that they are going to make the same commitment to this expensive device.

I frankly am very surprised that they haven't released a smartphone yet...

Old 04-12-2004, 10:45 PM
outdoor
Ponderer

specs looks good...... but it looks like a brick to me.... 8O

Old 04-12-2004, 10:53 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Nothing real surprising here - but I REALLY wish this had 128 MB RAM. Having said this, HP will probably get my money if they deliver before the MPx is avaialble. If not, they probably won't.

I know I shouldn't be impatient, but there will always be some next big thing coming around the corner anyway, and if you wait, you could wait forever. :?

Old 04-12-2004, 10:58 PM
freitasm
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydidnt
Nothing real surprising here - but I REALLY wish this had 128 MB RAM. Having said this, HP will probably get my money if they deliver before the
Yes, I agree. I have an i-mate Pocket PC Phone Edition and a h4150. The 128MB makes a huge difference!

Old 04-12-2004, 11:08 PM
daS
Thinker

Anyone notice how in the "photos" having the optional keyboard attached causes the antenna to get longer? :wink:

Old 04-12-2004, 11:24 PM
whydidnt
Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daS
Anyone notice how in the "photos" having the optional keyboard attached causes the antenna to get longer? :wink:
I did now Also it appears to have grown buttons on the side that aren't there without the keyboard. I hopeful that one of these is an actual picture, but the other is just an HP mockup...