Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 02-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PDABuzz May Have Gone Up to the Big Ethernet Port in the Sky

http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2...40218023921.htm

Early this morning, I tried going to PDABuzz to check out the name of the company that owned them, and it didn't load. I tried a ping, and there wasn't even a DNS record for it. I assumed they were having a glitch and moved on. Well, it seems that this has become news, because people are speculating that PDABuzz may have shut down for good. I'm not willing to believe that just yet without confirmation, but if it's not back up within 48 hours or so, they just might have pulled the plug. I used to visit PDABuzz now and then back in the day when Wes Salmon ran it, but when Handheld Media Group kicked him to the curb in a very disrespectful fashion, I stopped visiting because I strongly objected to how they did it. So, are they gone for real, or will they be back? Cast your vote...

Old 02-18-2004, 11:28 PM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

Finally, after a flurry of notifications pointing to non-existant threads--thanks :werenotworthy:

Anyway, I had a question.

Does Handheld Media Group run Pocket PC Magazine or vice versa? I don't see why they would kick out that Wes guy. If they realized that the site was going downhill why didn't they get him back on the board??? Hmmm... seems a bit shady--er--"sleazy".

Old 02-18-2004, 11:33 PM
Duncan
Pontificator

Quote:
Does Handheld Media Group run Pocket PC Magazine or vice versa?
They have nothing to do with Pocket PC Magazine. HHMG run another mag entirely (with an absurd and laughable Palm bias - my God they don't even bother to check their facts with non-Palm handhelds).

Old 02-18-2004, 11:36 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

Yeah things over there got real goofy real fast..... I new things were getting real bad after I dropped by (after not visiting for about a year because of Wes' depature) and they had dropped Vbulletin for some kooky other bulletin board and things just looked well......... not so good. After Wes left they never quite got it back together kind of shocking considering it had like a gazillion registered members (remember the counter on top? )

Old 02-18-2004, 11:36 PM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Quote:
Does Handheld Media Group run Pocket PC Magazine or vice versa?
They have nothing to do with Pocket PC Magazine. HHMG run another mag entirely (with an absurd and laughable Palm bias - my God they don't even bother to check their facts with non-Palm handhelds).

OHHH! Ok, Handheld Computing Magazine. Good, I was just about to delete PPC Mag from my favorites :wink:

Edit: *contradicting* The last time I did go there was for a contest concerning where handhelds were going in the future. I didn't win, but maybe that handheld they were giving away made them go bankrupt :wink:

I also noticed that the site was not really updated. I saw something here at PPCT and then a week later it would be on PDABuzz. Essentially, the site seemed obsolete.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:37 PM
pdauser
Pupil

I guess it was only a matter of time. As others have said, it sure isn't what it used to be. Oh well...

Actually none of the HHMG sites URLs work. It must just be a network issue.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:37 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

Wow. pdabuzz.. haven't been there since they canned Wes....

Old 02-18-2004, 11:39 PM
tthiel
Ponderer

I won't miss them.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:40 PM
entropy1980
Oracle

Unless HHMG went under I am thinking it's a network or server issue, none of their online properties are available.

Old 02-18-2004, 11:42 PM
dmacburry2003
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by entropy1980
Unless HHMG went under I am thinking it's a network or server issue, none of their online properties are available.
Oh, if they are that sleazy I hope they did :evil: