Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2004, 06:37 PM
famousdavis
Philosopher
Default Time for an Avatar change for Janak Parekh?

I'm going to be a little cheeky, admittedly. :mrgreen:

I enjoy looking at everyone's various Avatars. They're so varied and many are so interesting. Surgical Snack's avatar is so unique, Kati Compton's avatar so mystical, and Jason's avatar so powerful (it virtually shouts -- Don't Mess With ME!).

And then there's Janak's avatar. The man who is only behind Jason for the number of posts in these forums. So we see a LOT of Janak's avatar, don't we?

And that's just the problem. We see a LOT of an UGLY IBM PC desktop avatar in these forums.

IBM PCs from the early 80s are ugly machines. They're boxy and have no style to them whatsoever. We've come a long way from the old, style-less, IBM ATs to the elegant style of, say, the slim and contoured iPAQ 1900 and 4000 series, haven't we? :wink:

Since I see Janak's great posts throughout this forum, I'd rather prefer to see him use a better-looking avatar -- maybe something powerful, like Jason's, maybe something amusing, like Steve's, maybe something ethreal, like Kati's. Something. Anything. Something better than an old IBM desktop.

What do you think? Remember, you can vote anonomously!

If indeed the polls provide Janak with convincing proof he's ready to update his look, the next poll might be to whittle down some contenders for him!