Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 01-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default WebToGo SMS/Phone

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=96771

"Are you tired of composing SMS on a numerical keypad and fed up with storage restrictions and tiny screens? Are you longing to Copy & Paste SMS text from other applications and to dial or send from your PDA Contacts? Or are you looking to finally put your Bluetooth headset to good use? Turn your PDA into a smartphone. WebToGo SMS/Phone works with a Pocket PC in conjunction with a modem card or mobile phone. Soon it will also support Smartphones. Using WebToGo SMS/Phone on your Pocket PC has many advantages:

� Support for long SMS messages - unlimited characters
� Support for multiple SMS recipients
� Use your Pocket PC to extract and send SMS from your phone (full support for Nokia, Siemens and Sony Ericsson GSM phones)
� Turn your PDA into a phone with a GSM/GPRS CF modem card
� Leave your phone in your bag with a Bluetooth phone and headset
� Call from your Pocket PC address book"

Old 01-20-2004, 06:38 PM
jutae
Intellectual
Default Web to Go SMS

What's the difference between this app and Running Voice GSM? I currently use RVGSM with a convegentec cf modem and love the combo. My Ipaq becomes a phone and plus I launch PIE from RVGSM.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:49 PM
cptpoland
Pupil
Default not impressed

I'm always looking for an app that will work with my SE T616. So far I tried RVGSM, mPhone, PhoneTools , and numerous others. This app, although looks nice, is horribly slow compared to mPhone. Crashes for no reason, and has display problems. What I mean by that is the first time I launched it, all that came up was an empty screen with a menu bar at the bottom. Touching the buttons on the menu bar did nothing for a minute or so, then it crashed, and locked up my ipaq. The second time it brought up just the outline of the phone screen. Menus worked but the screens had buttons blocking fields and fields overlapping fields. Not impressive at all.
Oh well the search continues for a perfect phone app.

CP

Old 01-20-2004, 07:16 PM
kwerner
Pupil

This SMS program is free: http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/

It might not look as nice or have all the phone features but it works fine for me (ipaq 2210 and SE T616).

Old 01-21-2004, 02:53 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

I love people always posting free alternatives to any and every software post PPCT tries to get us to buy. :lol:

Old 01-21-2004, 03:27 AM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUKid7
I love people always posting free alternatives to any and every software post PPCT tries to get us to buy. :lol:
Ummm...

Pocket PC Thoughts does not try to get you to buy anything. We merely post about applications sent to us through the "Submit News" link. If it happens to be sold through a vendor that allows us to use affiliate links, and you want to buy the software, then support the site by using the affiliate link...

If you would rather use the free software, by all means, go for it...

Steve

Old 01-21-2004, 05:01 AM
OSUKid7
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUKid7
Ummm...

Pocket PC Thoughts does not try to get you to buy anything. We merely post about applications sent to us through the "Submit News" link. If it happens to be sold through a vendor that allows us to use affiliate links, and you want to buy the software, then support the site by using the affiliate link...

If you would rather use the free software, by all means, go for it...

Steve
Alright, yes, I know they don't try to get us to buy anything. I'm just glad that members continue to post alternatives.