Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 11-26-2003, 09:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Do You Write Online Product Reviews?

One of my contacts in the Pocket PC PR world had a question, and it was something I've wondered about as well. Shopping sites like Amazon.com allow you to rate items that you've purchased and do a short review. Other sites, like www.epinions.com, are merely giant databases full of reviews. Sometimes it's to praise the product, other times it's to warn other buyers about how bad it was. So here's the question:

Old 11-26-2003, 09:06 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

I usually add a review only if I had an extremely good or extremely bad experience. Most of the time (>90%) I find that my experiences on products fall relatively close to my expectations and so I do not add such comments.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Dave Beauvais
Pontificator

I have written a few brief (yes, I can be concise) reviews, but only two have actually shown up online. I've written three Handango reviews and not a single one has ever been posted. After wasting time on that, I haven't bothered anymore. I wrote a DVD review at Amazon once and another at Buy.com, both of which were posted.

Old 11-26-2003, 09:32 PM
crazy0000
Pupil
Send a message via MSN to crazy0000

:multi: :multi: :multi: www.product-reviews.vze.com :multi: :multi: :multi:

My Site

Old 11-26-2003, 10:21 PM
davin1378
Pupil

Wrote a review of the e755 for a site (consumer review really - for ZDNet) and they horribly butchered it. They completely messed it up. Put it down as an e740 review (never owned one) and totally misquoted me. Worst part is that there was no one to complain to - no "HEY WE LIED - please remove my review" link.

Now anyone who does a search on my name finds this lame review which I never wrote!!!

:soapbox: Grumble Grumble

Old 11-26-2003, 10:23 PM
JonnoB
Mystic
Send a message via AIM to JonnoB Send a message via MSN to JonnoB Send a message via Yahoo to JonnoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin1378
Now anyone who does a search on my name finds this lame review which I never wrote!!!
You need an attorney to sue them for misquoting :wink:

Old 11-26-2003, 11:32 PM
sgyee
Ponderer

I write reviews for items all the time on Epinions.

Many times, I write the review just to set the record straight. I love to see reviews on places like Epinions and Amazon where the yutz writing the review has never even used the product before.

Old 11-27-2003, 12:55 AM
karen
Thinker

I used to write tonnes of reviews on Amazon. At one point in time I was as high as a top 300 reviewer.

I've been on a project where I just don't have the time to read or test, let alone review, so I've slipped to a top 1000 or so.

I also ALWAYS write reviews of horrific and exceptional hotel stays. I find that reviews are important when chosing something you can see or experience prior to chosing.

Karen