Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Preview Of The Stowaway IR Keyboard

http://www.gadgetaddict.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=629

"I just got my brand new Stowaway IR keyboard about 6 minutes ago. Here are some first impressions while I'm waiting for the drivers to install to my iPAQ."

You can read more at the Gadget Addict site.

Old 11-25-2003, 05:54 PM
David Prahl
Pontificator

(Hopefully) we'll be getting a review of the keyboard here at PPCT, too.

Old 11-25-2003, 06:23 PM
toxostoma
Ponderer

I want to see a bluetooth keyboard. It seems like the perfect use of the technology!

I know that bluetooth is a relatively power-conservative wireless connectivity technology (compared to WI-FI for example), but does anyone know how it would compare to IR? Would Bluetooth use more, less, or the same amount of power that IR would?

Old 11-26-2003, 01:06 AM
24va
Intellectual

Was about to complain about this company, still not too happy with them but just got shipment confirmation.
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1Cor 1:18 In hand:*Axim x50v; 2gb SD; 4gb CF;*LG 325 Contributing Editor - pocketnow.com

Old 11-26-2003, 04:21 PM
kagayaki1
Thinker

I've had the same kind of frustration when dealing directly with ThinkOutside on a purchase (remember the old 3800 connectors?), but I had to remember that their main function is as a manufacturer, not a retailer. That's why they enter licensing agreements with people like Targus and Fellowes. So, if you're dealing direct, be patient! They do come through!

I'm a little disappointed that this review doesn't touch on the primary PPC users of this keyboard - they long orphaned 1900 series HPs! Anyone have any comments on operation with it? I know the IR is on the side of these, which shouldn't affect anything - just curious how the end result came out.

It is the time to be watching for gift ideas, you know :wink:

Old 11-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Gary Garland, Esq.
Ponderer

Since I "trashed" them a bit, I thought I should be fair and point out the keyboard will work the PPC AND Palm - just load the appropriate driver - that's nice value.
I also wrote up a piece on the Gadget Addict site about how manufacturers are having a tough time with pricing - dropping PPC prices mean peripherals have to be cheap or they won't get sold - long gone are the days of spending $100 for a keyboard when your PPC is $149...