Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 11-19-2003, 09:00 PM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Subliminal Memory Glasses

http://www.wired.com/news/gizmos/0,...tw=wn_tophead_3

One 1/180 of a second is not a long time. Blink, and there you have it. This is what the article "Memories in the Corner of My Eye" is about as it explains how a PDA can be used to view messages during such a short time span and leaving them in your memory as subliminal messages. Beam me up, Scotty!

"Trying to remember a full day's schedule is no mean feat -- especially when it's full of business meetings, grocery shopping, kids' soccer practice and music lessons, and sundry other errands. Help may be on the way from a pair of specs dubbed the memory glasses. The specs have a tiny television screen embedded into one of the lenses and are hooked up to a PDA. The PDA can be programmed to send messages or images to the screen. Each prompt is geared to jog the wearer's memory -- whether it is an image of a soccer ball, the day's calendar or the name of the guy who just said hello. And all of these messages are flashed before the eye at 1/180 of a second, so the wearer isn't even conscious that they have been sent."

Old 11-19-2003, 09:38 PM
karen
Thinker

GEEK ALERT! GEEK ALERT!!! :roll:

I can't imagine walking around with glass with a tiny television screen in them.

Why not an audible reminder instead of visual?

Old 11-19-2003, 09:43 PM
droppedd
Thinker

i thought they discounted the subliminal messaging studies that originally had people all abuzz a few decades ago as utter frauds. or at least that's what we learned in Psych 101...
hell, my alarm buzzes loudly and still can't wake me up or remember where to be when; how would subliminal images do anything at all for me?

Old 11-19-2003, 09:46 PM
Tierran
Intellectual
Send a message via ICQ to Tierran Send a message via AIM to Tierran

Welcome to "Garbage Science 101" :roll:

Old 11-19-2003, 09:57 PM
david291
Ponderer

Here, wear these glasses. I guarantee you'll do better on your final exam.

Old 11-19-2003, 10:26 PM
theone3
Intellectual

:lol:

I wouldn't wear them. I'd be scared about bluejacking, advertising and malicious companies.

If humans have been able to read for milleniums, why can't we read now? :wink:

Old 11-19-2003, 10:34 PM
dangerwit
Intellectual

Hey, don't knock the glasses. They sound like <hot sex> they could be useful for people <orgy at my place> who have too much <hot sex> to do.

*Phil

:wink:

Old 11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
david291
Ponderer

Hey, Phil, I don't know why I want to know this, but where do you live?

Old 11-19-2003, 10:40 PM
blade_of_narsil
Pupil
Default "so fast you don't see it"

That sounds like those bug zappers that emit sounds you can't hear. I'll sell you a pocketpc so small you can't see it. I mean really, maybe it works and maybe nothing is happening except that you have to make to-do lists every morning to remind yourself all day, and then you remember making the list everytime you wonder why I am wearing these darn glass with a cord running down my back.

Old 11-19-2003, 11:15 PM
AKBishop
Pupil
Default Re: "so fast you don't see it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_of_Narsil
That sounds like those bug zappers that emit sounds you can't hear. I'll sell you a pocketpc so small you can't see it. I mean really, maybe it works and maybe nothing is happening except that you have to make to-do lists every morning to remind yourself all day, and then you remember making the list everytime you wonder why I am wearing these darn glass with a cord running down my back.
I've got a couple of those and they do seem to work. However they work on me, too. They're so annoying that I stay away from them and hang out with the bugs.