Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 10-24-2003, 05:30 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Buy Pocket Informant, Get Mastersoft's Money For Free

http://www.pocketinformant.com/promo.php

Alex, over at WebIS, wrote in to let us know of this promotion. If you're looking to organize both your life and your finances, you might want to check this combo out. Once you register Pocket Informant, you can go to the above-linked page to get the promotional information for Mastersoft Money.

Old 10-24-2003, 07:26 PM
Lorenzo
Pupil

I've been using Mastersofts Money for ever and think that's a fantastic deal. I have them both unfortunately...

Lorenzo

Old 10-24-2003, 07:56 PM
binstpa
Intellectual
Default this is great!

I have been searching for a finance manager. I bought PI six months ago and they are giving me this one now for free. You can't beat a free product - especially one this comprehensive.

Old 10-24-2003, 08:08 PM
dMores
Philosopher

hmm.
how do i get it?

i got PI with my loox, and since it's so great i bought PI for my girlfriend's MDA. she's the one who manages our finances, so this program might be useful.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:09 PM
lauriesue
Neophyte
Default Looks good, but...

unfortunately, the act of installing the software onto my Dell Axim somehow clobbered the .net CF framework on the system, so now none of my .net programs are working. Each time I try to launch one of the program, I'm hit with an "OverflowException" and dump of information.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:47 PM
Jereboam
Philosopher

lauriesue,

I'm just downloading as I type...was that WM2003 you're running, where .net is in ROM? I don't want to screw with my freshly reset, upgraded device if I can help it, so any updates on how you're doing would be great...thanks in advance.

This is such a great deal though...WebIS exceed themselves again.

J'bm

Old 10-24-2003, 10:16 PM
hewlpac
Pupil
Default Mastersoft Money

This application messes severely with .Net. It is not a deal in my mind. I would recommend avoiding. Follow their warnings to backup before installing at all costs! It is in their FAQ for good reasons!

Old 10-24-2003, 10:16 PM
ctmagnus
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

fwiw, I tried BillableBuddy (also a MasterSoft product) on my iPaq 5550 and it didn't want to work with the .Net CF that's in rom, but then that product predates WM2003 by a good six months whereas Mastersoft Money V4.11 was updated Oct 14.

Old 10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
kiwi
Thinker

great deal.. I just put in my PI registration Number and clicked the link to handigo.. $0.00 after discount.

will look to install after I do a Backup of my 2210 - which I have to work out *how* to do that!?

Old 10-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Jereboam
Philosopher

kiwi, you should have iPaq Backup in your ROM, which is a cutdown version (but still excellent) of Sprite Pocket Backup Plus...you should be able to backup to a memory card or the iPaq file store if you have enough room...or do an ActiveSync backup, get ready to make yourself a cuppa it takes a while.

Both covers all the bases just in case, although given the comments above I am reluctant to try installing at all.

Are you following the rugby? I think we're going to kick your colonial backsides!!

J'bm