Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2003, 05:10 AM
Wontonion
Pupil
Default Ebook Reader + Dictionary Lookup

I'm trying to find the best Ebook Reader (with autoscroll) + Dictionary Lookup combination. I tried ubook but found the text blurry. I had a problem with mobipocket where, if i saw a word i didn't recognize and wanted to look it up in autoscroll, it flipped a page ahead. (then i had to scroll back, find the word, look it up--too many steps.) i don't know if this goes for every reader with pagination, because i eventually ended up using isilo, with wordbook as my dictionary. (it has a feature, if u don't know about it, where all u have to do i highlight the word u want to look up, then click an icon that is left in the toolbar, and voila, you have your definition.

The problem with isilo is that it's very stripped down. Though it has autoscroll, it does not offer full justification of text, or inverse colors, which are my preferences. The advantage of isilo is that it doesn't paginate, so if i stop autoscroll to look up a word, it stops right there and i can hilight the word to look it up with wordbook.

My question: can anyone recommend a good reader + dictionary combo that offers all the features i like (autoscroll, inverse color scheme, full justification) and a comprehensive dictionary? i'm willing to shell out the bucks for a dictionary from one of these reader-software places, if only it worked with just a few taps.

The only reader i haven't tried is palmreader pro, as there is no demo for it and i'm not about to "try it out" for $15. Anyone have experience with it? i know it offers autoscroll, justification, and inverted colors, but does it have the problem i've repeatedly run into of "page skip" upon stopping autoscroll?

Or is there a reader i'm not aware of that could suit my needs.

Thanks.