Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Customizations & Content

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2003, 05:48 PM
alandashby
Ponderer
Default recommit your self to reading

With the announcement from Barns and Noble this week about ebooks I will admit that I was a little disappointed in their decision. Though I can understand business decision and if you are not making money then sometimes you have to do away with some services.

Any way I was think that I don�t really find my self reading a lot of ebooks on my handheld though I have done it a few times. I posted on another board asking for book request and I actually read several of the ones that people had recommended. Anyway I run www.pocketPCinsider.net a site that I use for the Utah Pocket PC User Group and we just started our own discussion forms so I thought that we would add a selection just for ebooks.

So on our boards there is a category for general ebook comments, programs for ebooks, and recommended reading. I am hoping that if we all will refocus ourselves to using the capabilities of the Pocket PC we can help other companies from turning away from ebooks.

I would hope that other sites like www.pocketPCthoughts.com would do the same add a category for recommended ebook readings.

Please . Please reply to this topic with the books that you have now decided to read and ones that you would recommend for others.

Alan D. Ashby

You can access our boards at:
http://alandashby.proboards13.com/index.cgi
or you can just go through our main page:
www.pocketPCinsider.net