Default 2 John's died overnight =(

John Ritter A.K.A Jack Tripper

and

Jonhhy Cash A.K.A The man in black

R.I.P.[/url]

Old 09-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Kati Compton
5000+ Posts? I Should OWN This Site!

If you know any Johns, call and make sure they're okay!

Sigh.

Old 09-12-2003, 03:59 PM
xbalance
Ponderer

as if 9/11 wasn't a sad enough day allready.

Peace, happiness and prosperity to all PPCT readers.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Crystal Eitle
Sage

I am totally bummed about this. While Johnny Cash led a full life and blessed the world with hundreds of recordings, it is still sad to hear about his passing. In May when Cash's wife June Carter Cash died, a friend of mine predicted that Johnny Cash would probably die soon afterward. Sadly, he was right.

John Ritter, on the other hand, was still quite young (52?) He died of an aortal aneurysm on the set of a TV show (?) (this is what I heard on the radio this morning). While I wasn't a huge fan of "Three's Company," I did quite enjoy Ritter's performance in Sling Blade. It's sad when people die young and unexpectedly.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:11 PM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

If you've never seen the movie, Skin Deep, grab it some time. I think that was John Ritter's best work.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:22 PM
flux2k
Pupil

Quote:
If you've never seen the movie, Skin Deep, grab it some time. I think that was John Ritter's best work.
While I wouldn't really agree with that statement it does have one of the funniest moments in movies: the battling glowing condoms. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

That and also that episode of Larry Sanders where John Ritter and Gene Siskel are waiting to be on the show, they start arguing about Skin Deep and the end up getting into a fistfight backstage. John gives Gene a blackeye. Now they've both passed away.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:31 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

:mecry:

I watched John Ritter growing up. I wasn't old enough to get all the jokes in Three's Company, but it's interesting that it was funny to a wide audience. Who would have thought that Don Knotts would have outlived John Ritter? :cry:

--janak

Old 09-12-2003, 04:57 PM
egads
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by flux2k
Quote:
While I wouldn't really agree with that statement it does have one of the funniest moments in movies: the battling glowing condoms. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.
I was watching CNN this morning before work and heard John had died. When ever I think of John I remember that glowing condom scene and crack up. Move was pretty bad, but that scene made the movie...

I'm not a hugh Jonny Cash fan, but I liked most of his music. It's wierd, I was playing "Long black veil" for my kids last night. I was trying to get them to actually LISTEN to the words in a song because some songs tell great stories, like "Long black veil". Jonhhy Cash most always had a story in his songs and I liked that...

Old 09-12-2003, 05:09 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

It always seems so strange when celebrities die - because they're such a small % of the population, they seem strangely immortal...

Quite sad :cry: - I had lots of laughs watching Three's Company... :lol:

Old 09-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Kevin Remhof
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Eitle
While I wasn't a huge fan of "Three's Company," I did quite enjoy Ritter's performance in Sling Blade.
I agree 100%. I remember seeing the movie and going, "Is that really John Ritter?". A great performance.