Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 09-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Andy Sjostrom
Pontificator
Default Free Majestic Chess for Pocket PC

http://www.vugames.com/product.do?g...ePlatformId=420

Even if you are not in to chess, check this out! Majestic Chess is certainly the most graphically beautiful chess game I have ever seen. Follow the link and view the video illustrating the game! According to the press release, specially marked boxes of the Hoyle Majestic Chess PC game also include a free Pocket PC version. I would certainly love to see what this baby looks like on a Pocket PC, so if you happen to own it I would very much appreciate if you would share some screen shots!

"Innovating the most classic of all board games, HoyleR Majestic ChessT introduces players at every level to a completely new way to play chess with Chess Adventure. Unlike previous chess games, Chess Adventure combines the best of an adventure game with the best of chess - great fun for chess fans or just computer gamers. A game within a game, Chess Adventure allows players to experience chess and battle opponents through a variety of challenges, chess moves and puzzles, all in the context of a fantasy adventure game."

Old 09-09-2003, 12:59 PM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian

If anybody finds this PC/Pocket PC version in a retail store, give us a shout. I'd like to know more about where people can buy it.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:06 PM
VanHlebar
Intellectual
Default Free??

Andy,
Where is the free part? I followed the link, which goes to a PC platform page. I am always looking for new and exciting chess games. Free is even better if we knew where to go to get it

The graphics look great from their pc page.

-Eric

Old 09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
hakubak
Pupil
Default Flash-only sites

:?

I work for an organization that takes security pretty seriously. To the point that they do not allow the MacroMedia Flash player to be installed on our desktops. Excessive or not, it's the environment in which I work.

Web sites which offer Flash-only content are not very impressive.

Translation: No sale.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:55 PM
GoldKey
Pontificator
Default Re: Free??

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHlebar
Andy,
Where is the free part? I followed the link, which goes to a PC platform page. I am always looking for new and exciting chess games. Free is even better if we knew where to go to get it

-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
According to the press release, specially marked boxes of the Hoyle Majestic Chess PC game also include a free Pocket PC version.

Old 09-09-2003, 02:57 PM
VanHlebar
Intellectual
Default Re: Free??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHlebar
Andy,

-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Sjostrom
According to the press release, specially marked boxes of the Hoyle Majestic Chess PC game also include a free Pocket PC version.
ops: ops: You know sometimes it hurts when you land on your a$$ from sticking both feet in your mouth. 8O

Old 09-09-2003, 03:28 PM
mbeatle
Pupil
Default free?

I have to pay money to get it, and that counts as free?

Old 09-09-2003, 03:37 PM
D.psi
Ponderer

My wife and I have bought a couple of Hoyle's game packs each of which came with one "free" Pocket PC compatible game. We were able to install the games on our, then obsolete, HP 548s. Since we have upgraded to our new Ipaq 2210's we have also been able to install these games on our Ipaq's without problems with WM 2003.

The games are very stable, and clean. Their Pocket PC appearance being identical to the windows version. I will attempt to purchase this chess game as I am interested in improving my game play.

We have previously bought Hoyle's games at Staples Business Depot stores in Canada. Sorry, don't know where to get them in the States. I believe that I did see Hoyle's at the one/ only/ new best buy here in Ottawa but I can't swear to it. Hope that helps.

D.psi

Old 09-09-2003, 03:38 PM
Bill Gunn
Ponderer
Default Re: free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeatle
I have to pay money to get it, and that counts as free?
I bought a house and it came with a free driveway. :lol:

Old 09-09-2003, 04:01 PM
egoz
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to egoz Send a message via AIM to egoz Send a message via MSN to egoz

In America, we call this "misleading advertising."
In this case, i'd call it misleading marketing.

Plain talk builds respect.

(Gotta watch out for those sly capitalists. ;-) )

.rob adams