Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 09-05-2003, 01:25 AM
qmrq
Thinker
Default Poll! What internet browser do you use?

I use Phoenix.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:48 AM
dean_shan
Mystic

I am going to link back to the thread I started a while back on the topic. You have way more options for the poll then I did.

I use IE on windows. It works good for me and is built in. PIE on my PCC (too cheap for thunderhawk). And I use Safari when using one of the schools laptops.

Old 09-05-2003, 01:53 AM
easylife
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_shan
And I use Safari when using one of the schools laptops.
What kind of school do you go to that gives you laptops?

Anyways, I use IE and love it - I have challenged others before me to convince me away from IE. XML support? Don't use XML, sorry. Tabber browsing? Right, but when you click on a tab it opens a new window... so can anyone convince me to use anything other than IE?

Old 09-05-2003, 02:05 AM
qmrq
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by easylife
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_shan
And I use Safari when using one of the schools laptops.
What kind of school do you go to that gives you laptops?
Especially nice Mac ones.. lucky guy.
Quote:
Anyways, I use IE and love it - I have challenged others before me to convince me away from IE. XML support? Don't use XML, sorry. Tabber browsing? Right, but when you click on a tab it opens a new window... so can anyone convince me to use anything other than IE?
Sure. It's not standards compliant, it's trivially easy for any malicious person to crash, it's full of security holes with the default settings, no nifty gee-whiz features.. I could go on... :twisted:

Old 09-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Quintin: you've skewed against Firebird votes, since a lot of people downloaded it after it was renamed from Phoenix.

--janak

Old 09-05-2003, 02:14 AM
easylife
Theorist

qmrq, even though there are all these "security holes" I have yet to have a problem with IE. Oh, and it's never crashed on me. So unless you have some hacker out there determined to crash IE on you, IE is fine for the general user.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:14 AM
qmrq
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janak Parekh
Quintin: you've skewed against Firebird votes, since a lot of people downloaded it after it was renamed from Phoenix.
I suppose so.. I just can't stand the new name. Was renamed due to licensing I believe. "Phoenix" is just so much cooler than "Mozilla Firebird".

Anyhoo, for those of you with Firebird.. vote for "Phoenix"...

This means you Janak! :lol:

Old 09-05-2003, 02:25 AM
qmrq
Thinker

Quote:
qmrq, even though there are all these "security holes" I have yet to have a problem with IE. Oh, and it's never crashed on me. So unless you have some hacker out there determined to crash IE on you, IE is fine for the general user.
Perhaps, though I forbid my relatives that I help with computers from using it. :twisted: Mozilla / Phoenix is just so much better.

Old 09-05-2003, 02:27 AM
easylife
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmrq
Mozilla / Phoenix is just so much better.
That's what they all say... but I had yet to hear anything that it has that I truly need. Skins? nah... Popup blocker? nope, like popups...

Old 09-05-2003, 02:38 AM
qmrq
Thinker

Quote:
That's what they all say... but I had yet to hear anything that it has that I truly need. Skins? nah... Popup blocker? nope, like popups...
Uhoh. You may just be beyond my help then.. the tabbed browsing is very nice. Hmm... the editor in Phoenix is far superior to IE's. Control over JavaScript ... hmm. Lotsa plugins.. very customizable. Also two click ad blocking.. (right click > block images from this server). More and more.. that's just what I can think of now.