Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Brad Adrian
Editor Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to Brad Adrian Send a message via MSN to Brad Adrian
Default The New SCOTTeVEST Is Here!

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/30_index.shtml

What's the one thing that is ALMOST as exciting as getting a new Pocket PC? It's getting a new way to carry a Pocket PC! Scott Jordan has just announced the arrival of the new version 3.0 SCOTTeVESTs!

In case you're new to Pocket PC Thoughts and have no idea how much I LOVE my SCOTTeVESTs, here are some of the features of this new version of the vest:

� 28+ Pockets
� Pen/stylus pocket
� Magnetic-closure wind flap
� ID holder
� Hat holder
� Hidden epaulets
� secret pockets
� ...and more

You can get v3.0 of the SCOTTeVEST in an assortment of fabrics and styles. Prices range from $129.99 to $400.00 (for the leather version).

And, in case you think I'm all alone in my enthusiasm for the SCOTTeVEST, it just so happens that they've become common attire among "law enforcement officers, including the C.I.A., F.B.I., Secret Service, and other branches of the newly formed Homeland Defense Department." So, book me, Dan-O. Fashion in the first degree!

P.S. Watch here for a thorough review of this vest soon!

Old 08-26-2003, 10:32 AM
manywhere
Theorist
Send a message via MSN to manywhere

Nope, you're certainly not alone in your enthusiasm, I love mine TOO! :lol:

Although, I've only got the version 2.5 and I guess that will have to do for now... or, until there is a ScottEwinter (or something like that) for those cold Finnish winter months. *shivers already* -20C is not good for my iPaq 3870's screen; the " s l o w m o t i o n " effect can be annoying but what can I do with a limited amount of pockets in my winter jacket.

I'd also love to try out the new eVest, but no-can-do when I'm on the other side of the Atlantic... :cry:

Old 08-26-2003, 11:54 AM
Deslock
Thinker

I got my SportTEC yesterday (when it hit $80 on close-out, I decided it was time to try it out). Here are some quick comments:

The craftsmanship is good (made in Korea, BTW). The jacket is very comfortable and well designed. I wore the vest-portion all day and it was nice to know where all my crap was (keys, wallet, PPC, cell phone, headphones, cell headset, leatherman, sunglasses). I shoved my laptop in the back-pocket to show off the vest to my-coworkers, but it realistically doesn't work well for that (no padding, too much weight in the back, and you can't lean back when you sit down). However, the back pouch holds a 175g frisbee nicely (still can't lean back when you sit, but it's good for walking around with it). The right side pockets can hold one or two .5 liter water bottles, though two bottles is too much weight for comfort.

The SportTEC is very lightweight and should be usable almost year-round here in New England (as an outer layer in the spring/fall and under a coat in the winter... Summer will be too hot). I'm gonna bike to work with it on as soon as there's a day without rain in the forecast.

Minor complaints:
- The headphones cord loops don't stretch enough for me to pass my Koss KSC50s ear-clips through if I store one on each side. Also, the earbud pockets are a little small for the headphones (they barely squeeze in). I tried storing both headphones on the same side, but that was less convenient (allowed me to use the cord loop, but then I wasn't able to use the earbud pockets (had to store both headphones in the upper pouch on one side) and unwrapping the cord was more involved.
- There's no padding anywhere. It'd be nice if one of the PDA-sized pockets had some padding, or if they included a couple removable padded pouches that were designed to fit in one or two of the specific pockets. As is, when I take the jacket off, I have to be careful not to bump my iPaq against anything (sure, I could put it in a carrying case, but that's a lot less convenient).

Anyway, I highly recommend it.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:51 PM
heov
Thinker

here's the gadgeteer's review in case anyone is interested.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/v3.0-sc...st-review.html

Old 08-26-2003, 02:33 PM
scott911
Ponderer
Default Thanks for the Post -Play the Game

Thanks for the post!! Thanks for the Post! Check out our new game: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_community/game.shtml High score each month wins a free SeV.

It's addictive. Forward it to friends.

Post questions here.

Old 08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
gorkon280
Philosopher
Default Better then the parent

The 2.0 vests are on clearance for 69 bucks! Although there's only XS and XXXL in Black..all sizes in Olive. I should have mine waiting for me when I get home from work! :rock on dude!: 0X I can't wait til the three.0's come down next year! I want a red one! So I take it from someone else on here that the eVests have no warmth? I hope not! We'll keep a hold of my old jacket just in case. I suppose I can always zip the sleeves off and put it on over my warm jacket or maybe just wear a sweater under my eVest! WHOOHOO!

The note about padding: That's an excellent idea! I wish they would have matching PDA sleeves to put your PDA in and then fit in the pocket. For now, I will be Ok with putting it in one of the chest pockets and be careful. Anyone out there see some foam already in a PDA shape or a cheap sleeve case to add some padding to the eVest's pocket??

Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Cyberjoy
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to Cyberjoy Send a message via MSN to Cyberjoy

I ordered an olive 2.0 version of the Scottevest. I like the design. The reason that I ordered a 2.0 version is because of the color olive. I don't like the black ones.

By the way Scot. You did not reply to my e-mail about writing a review of the scottevest for the Pocket PC-Club/Smartphone-Club in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg). To bad . We got almost 6000 members and still growing, should be interesting enough for you?

Anyway I don't wanna get offtopic ofcourse! I got an email this morning that my jacket will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to try the jacket!

Wouter.

Old 08-26-2003, 06:52 PM
scott911
Ponderer
Default Foreign Reviews

Sorry if you didn't get a response. It must have slipped through the cracks. We primarily focus our media outreach on the US market for now. It is way too expensive to send samples overseas, and rarely get them back. I hope you understand. Please email me directly if you would like to discuss this.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2003, 10:04 PM
scott911
Ponderer
Default More Version Three.o information

http://www.scottevest.com/htmlemail/...003/index.html

Old 08-26-2003, 10:27 PM
yawanag
Thinker
Default ScotteVest

I could see myself in this vest, but then I'm one of few women who get turned on by electronics. You have to drag me out of Best Buy and Circuit City.

But I'm going to step on some toes and say this vest is another proof of THIS IS A MAN'S WORLD

How 'bout a Barb-e-Vest. Pockets would hold curling irons, pockets for blush, lipstick, hair spray, nail file, and ad infinitum. Oh, it would hold my PDA too, one must have a mirror (the PDA screen) to put on my makeup. :twisted: