Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-25-2003, 03:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default PIEPlus by ReenSoft: Enhance Pocket Internet Explorer

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...Id=0&catalog=30

Looking to enhance your browsing experience? If you've got a Pocket PC 2000 or 2002 device, this look like a useful application, but it's a little expensive at $19.99. It's not Windows Mobile 2003 compatible yet either. The "optimize content" function looks very interesting - I'd be interested to know what everyone thinks about how well it works.

"ReenSoft PIEPlus is software that adds lots of enhancements to Pocket Internet Explorer. Feature List:

� Optimize the web contents to fit for PIE
� Open multiple PIE windows
� Fullscreen mode
� Extended context menu
� Identify PIE as IE5.5 or IE6.0
� Set default charset
� Enable/disable script and script warning
� Enable/disable ClearType"

Old 08-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Jason Lee
Contributing Editor

I would buy it for $4.99. But it says $19.95 now. I already payed for Multi-ie and poclet plus...

Old 08-25-2003, 03:28 PM
dh
Mystic

I downloaded the trial and it seems to work just as they say. Full screen in landscape orientation is rather nice.

I also was able to check my credit card balance by switching to IE6 mode.

The (rather large) downside is that the price on the Handango page is $19.95, unless there is a coupon or somethng I missed.

I would buy for sure for 5 bucks, not for 20.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:36 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
I would buy it for $4.99. But it says $19.95 now. I already payed for Multi-ie and poclet plus...
You know, I don't normally comment on price, because that's up to the developer to decide, but I'm pretty ticked off that this developer changed the price on me. At $4.95 this would be an easy buy, but at $19.95? No way.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:41 PM
dh
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Lee
You know, I don't normally comment on price, because that's up to the developer to decide, but I'm pretty ticked off that this developer changed the price on me. At $4.95 this would be an easy buy, but at $19.95? No way.
I don't understand this at all. For $5.00 this would be a nice add on to IE and I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. There are much better ways to spend $20.00 so I can't see many sales here.

Shame. :evil:

Old 08-25-2003, 03:52 PM
rhmorrison
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh
I don't understand this at all. For $5.00 this would be a nice add on to IE and I'm sure a lot of people would buy it. There are much better ways to spend $20.00 so I can't see many sales here.
I agree 100 %.

I think that the developer would make much more money selling this for $ 5 instead of $ 20 because I don't think too many people are going to buy at the higher price. At $ 5 / copy I bet he would sell a bunch of copies! I know the developer wants to recoup the effort put into the software but he won't be able to do this if he can't get anyone to buy it!

Old 08-25-2003, 04:00 PM
GadgetMan
Intellectual

I would have gladly paid $4.99, but there is simply no way I will pay $20 for it :evil:

In any case, free ftxPBrowser (http://www.af.wakwak.com/~ftoshi/pocket/index_e.html) works just fine for me.

Cheers,

Old 08-25-2003, 04:10 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

You know what? I'm wondering if he jacked the price up because I told him I'd be posting on this today....man, I hope that's not what he did. :?

Old 08-25-2003, 04:12 PM
PJE
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMan
I would have gladly paid $4.99, but there is simply no way I will pay $20 for it :evil:

In any case, free ftxPBrowser (http://www.af.wakwak.com/~ftoshi/pocket/index_e.html) works just fine for me.
I agree 100% with GadgetMan. ftxPBrowser is one on the unsung heros of PocketPC software in my opinion. I use it to browse my Mazingo content and the tabbed multiple windows is excellent.

I'd only pay more than $5 for PIEPlus if it generated full screen landscape pages while my pocketPC was running in Portrait mode.

Old 08-25-2003, 04:13 PM
gpspassion
Intellectual

That would indeed be pretty "sucky"...had you congratulated him on the $4.99 price in your previous exchanges?

Still worth a try!