Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Thoughts Site Updates

Old 08-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default A Site Status Update

I've been working on several "behind the scenes" things for the site, and I wanted to give everyone an update on how they're coming along. First up, later today (hopefully) I'll be posting a list and photo of all the items we have to give away in a big contest we're going to be running starting next week. We're going to be giving away one prize a week for 17 solid weeks! 8O And we have some sweet prizes thanks to some generous sponsors: a Viewsonic V35 and a V37, a 1 GB CF card, and much more. A few of these prizes were purchased by myself in anticipation of the subscribers services launch, so I've been planning this for a long time. :mrgreen: All subscribers will be entered into the contests automatically, and non-subscribers can enter by sending me a postcard. More details to follow...

Next up, the discounts coupons page. This should have been launched weeks ago ops:, but we had a development snag: Fabrizio, our lead developer, was away for two weeks on a much-needed vacation. Prior to that, he built a special page that only subscribers can see, and that page will be the home for the new codes. But in order to facilitate distributing the PDAMill application codes, I need to build a form that subscribers will use to request the codes. The form has been built, but I needed to wait for Fabrizio to return in order to integrate it into the subscriber page. He's back, and I hope to have this launched by Friday.

I've also been working on a subscriber FAQ, and we're now set up to accept credit cards for subscriber payments rather than just PayPal and money orders. I hope to have the subscriber page updated by next week with this new information.

Good things coming for subscribers! I've been really blown away by the number of you who have subscribed, and I'm deeply grateful that you value the work we do here.

Old 08-21-2003, 04:46 PM
piperpilot
Sage

This is terrific news! I had been wondering (today, as a matter of fact) if I had missed the information about the subscriber enhancements while I was away the past three weeks on vacation.

For anyone who is thinking of subscribing, Jason's latest subscriber enhancements are just the icing on the cake. I used my VAJA coupon and got a really nice case for my iPAQ that everyone who has seen it has remarked about how nice it is. And, the PPCT microlight that I got for being a lifetime subscriber came in quite handy last week while I was camping!

Old 08-21-2003, 04:55 PM
ipaq-PHD
Pupil

WOW ! Keep up the excellent work ! :shocked!:

Old 08-21-2003, 05:44 PM
surur
Mystic

Just a quick question. The Vaja coupons, how long are they valid for.

I plan to get an XDA II in December, and it would be nice to have discount on the case when it finally arrives.

And I look forward to finally winning something for the first time in my life (at least the odds are better than the national lottery )

Thx

Surur

Old 08-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surur
Just a quick question. The Vaja coupons, how long are they valid for.
They're valid until June 2004. :way to go:

Old 08-21-2003, 07:06 PM
dean_shan
Mystic
Default Re: A Site Status Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
But in order to facilitate distributing the PDAMill application codes, I need to build a form that subscribers will use to request the codes.
So does this mean free games? I didn't know being a subscriber had this many perks.

Old 08-21-2003, 07:28 PM
David Prahl
Pontificator

Is there a list of all of the products being given away, or are you going for the "Christmas morning" effect? :mrgreen:

Old 08-21-2003, 07:33 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_shan
So does this mean free games? I didn't know being a subscriber had this many perks.
Yes - you'll be able to chose one from any of the $9.95 applications that PDAMill has (TopKey, Snails, etc.).

Old 08-21-2003, 07:41 PM
CTSLICK
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_shan
Yes - you'll be able to chose one from any of the $9.95 applications that PDAMill has (TopKey, Snails, etc.).
As my tag line says

ROCK ON! :rock on dude!:

Old 08-21-2003, 08:18 PM
JTWise
Intellectual

Glad to see the subscriber service perks starting up. :alfdance:

Jason, will we be able to use our PDAMILL code towards the purchase of Anthelion? I already own Snails but I'm planning on adding Anthelion to my collection as soon as it is released.