Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default CM35 Secure Digital Camera for Pocket PCs

http://datanywhere.net/Merchant2/me...iliate=arnehess

XDA owners rejoice: even though you don't have an SDIO slot, there's a camera that you can use!

Here's what Arne Hess says: "Finally, what HTC Wallaby - aka O2 xda/T-Mobile Phone Edition user has been waiting for is for real now - a fully functional SD camera for your Pocket PC Phone Edition. Once again, datanywhere.com is the first to bring you the latest accessories for your Pocket PC Phone - here the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone, the O2 xda or the Siemens SX56. All you have to do is install the included award winning software IA Camera Wizard, connect the SD camera thru the SD slot on the bottom of your device and you are ready to go!"

Then seem to be sold out at the moment, but watch the page for when they get more in.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:27 AM
wjsteele
Pupil
Default Sweeet!

Wow! 8O I wish I knew they were there to begin with... I wonder how many they had in the first batch.

My order is placed!

Bill :devilboy:

Old 08-21-2003, 02:39 AM
entropy1980
Oracle

The XDA is not SDIO how are they doing this? is it essentially a memory card with a camera... pictures actually get stuck on the car instead of th unit? Any ideas?

Old 08-21-2003, 03:14 AM
Cortex
Philosopher

they probably have a memory cache on the camera to buffer the image while it slowly gets transfered over the nonSDIO SD card slot of the XDA.

one of the other ppct users had posted on the concept a few months back.

Old 08-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Mattb90
Neophyte
Send a message via ICQ to Mattb90 Send a message via AIM to Mattb90 Send a message via MSN to Mattb90 Send a message via Yahoo to Mattb90

Will this work on Pocket PCs without SDIO slots (but have SD) like the iPAQ 3870?

Old 08-21-2003, 10:48 AM
SiliconAddict
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to SiliconAddict Send a message via MSN to SiliconAddict
Default finally :?:

A 300K CMOS image sensor? Has anyone seen any pictures made with this camera? It's nice to finally have a camera for the XDA, but what if the image quality is not good? It is still $79.95 ... Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there already a pocket pc camera (Pretec?) which also was very promising on paper, but in practice sucked big time?

Old 08-21-2003, 12:41 PM
acarriles
Neophyte

The pictures are quite decent, specially for a $79 camera. I'll post some pictures later today, as soon as I get back to the office. The images are stored directly onto main memory on the XDA, and there is no noticeable transfer time. You can even save video with sound!

For those of you that want one, the best way to get them is to order them online and you will be on the allocation list for the second batch that will ship on the first week of Septembter (in about 10 days).

You can find more info and order here:

http://datanywhere.net/Merchant2/mer...liate=arnehess

Old 08-21-2003, 02:23 PM
brece
Pupil
Default I'm with mattb90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb90
Will this work on Pocket PCs without SDIO slots (but have SD) like the iPAQ 3870?
Wondering if this will work with Dell Axim???

Old 08-21-2003, 04:49 PM
pdantic
Pupil

Any idea if this will work with the HTC Tanager Smartphone? It comes with IA's camera and album software in ROM so that would be ubercool if it did... :rock on dude!:

Old 08-21-2003, 10:36 PM
Qman
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Qman Send a message via Yahoo to Qman

I posted the below Ebay link to this very same camera in the Pocket PC Passion Phone Edition forum some time ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3034490138

Well it now appears that he's sold out too! :cry: