Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware

Old 08-20-2003, 11:34 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default infoSync World Reviews the HP iPAQ 5555

http://www.infosync.no/news/2002/n/3967.html

"When Compaq first introduced its iPAQ series, the company aimed squarely for the high-end market with a device which has often been attributed to driving the growth of the entire platform. Following its merger with Hewlett-Packard, the iPAQ brand has survived, as has the original thought behind the iPAQ: delivering a powerful and versatile tool. The iPAQ h5550 is so far the ultimate result of an evolution that has progressed for three years, and boy does it pack a punch."

Old 08-20-2003, 11:45 PM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

I am surprised that they talk about poor battery life...
My H5555 lasts for many hours. The only drwaback I can find is the power drain when WiFi is on. That I can understand it. The removable batteries solve this issue though.
And if someone has the Denmark battery (like me!) then battery life is at least 30% improved!!!
I believe this to be a very shallow review...

Old 08-20-2003, 11:56 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas
And if someone has the Denmark battery (like me!) then battery life is at least 30% improved!!!
A Denmark battery? What's that? A special battery for Danish people? :lol:

Old 08-21-2003, 12:00 AM
petvas
Theorist
Send a message via AIM to petvas Send a message via MSN to petvas Send a message via Skype™ to petvas

No...
If you buy the Slim Battery for the 5000 series iPaqs then there are two possibilities: Either you get the Korean Battery or the Denmark one...
The Denmark one is of higher quality and gives at least 30% more life to the iPaq...

Old 08-21-2003, 12:33 AM
mangochutneyman
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to mangochutneyman

IMO there are so many other dual wireless, dual expansion options out there like the Mio558 and Loox610. If you don't need to use sleeves, then one of these other options is more attractive...

Old 08-21-2003, 01:32 AM
that_kid
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to that_kid

If I turn wifi on my battery gets trashed but still I get about 3-4 hrs out of my 5555 with wifi on. if I just use bluetooth then I can leave it on for a long time > 8 hrs. I also have an extended battery that comes in handy but I usually keep my 5555 in my whitney krusell case so that i can use my sprint card.

Old 08-21-2003, 01:44 AM
ntractv
Philosopher
Send a message via MSN to ntractv

I'm averaging 8 and half hours on my iPAQ 5555. As much as I can I use the WiFi while using the power cable. But if not, I still get about four hours of use without. Drooling to get the extended battery. Denmark, huh?

Old 08-21-2003, 01:49 AM
deemota
Pupil
Default Nevo, Where?

Did anyone notice that the review said it has CIR and Nevo. My h5555 didnt come with that. As far as i know, nobody has it. What's up with that? :soapbox:

Old 08-21-2003, 03:38 AM
jonlien2003
Pupil

The reviewer said that there is no longer a record button on the left side of the 5555. Can someone verify that.

Thanks.

Old 08-21-2003, 03:39 AM
deemota
Pupil
Default Yes

There is a record button.