¹ Problem: Bluetooth printing, HP 928 & HP 450cbi - Thoughts Media Forums

Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Accessories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2003, 01:58 PM
aicon
Pupil
Default Problem: Bluetooth printing, HP 928 & HP 450cbi

Hello all,

I'd really appreciate someone helping me out with this. I've got a HP928 PPC (fone edition) and just got a HP450cbi (printer) to go with it. Problem is I can't get the PPC (or my Toshiba laptop) to find the device at all much less print from it.

When I search for bluetooth devices in range from the laptop or the PPC they find anything discoverable (each other, a Nokia 7650, Ericsson R520 etc.) and I even do Activesync between them using bluetooth now. But the printer just won't show up even though the bluetooth card is in and flashing its LED.

Both laptop and PPC can print to the 450cbi using infrared and the laptop can also use cables (LPT or USB)

In the laptop I have a Belkin PCMCIA bluetooth card. In the 928 and the 450cbi I have identical generic bluetooth cards. HP recommends Anycom's CF 2001 card but I thought I could work around that.

So do I HAVE to have Anycom's card or am I just doing something wrong (read dumb if you like). Please help guys...

Thanks for 'listening' to me whine,
Aide

(I'm kind of a newbie so I'll take all the help I can get, please!)