Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 08-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default ThunderHawk 1.08 Released With WM2003 Support

http://www.bitstream.com/wireless/u...e_features.html

Thunderhawk, Bitstream's browser that uses landscape orientation and special fonts to give a desktop browsing experience on a Pocket PC, now supports WM2003 in its latest release, including all the new iPAQs and the Toshiba e350. While it's not cheap, it's a great service if you need a full desktop-like browsing experience.

Old 08-05-2003, 03:55 PM
csterns
Intellectual

I have a HP 2215 and tried installing it. It says it is not compatible with the device. I sent ThunderHawk an email informing me of this.

Old 08-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Duncan
Pontificator

Are you referring to the message:

"The file WCEload.exe is not a valid Windows CD setup file." ?

If so - just click on OK and proceed with the installation anyway. That was the instruction I got from Bitstream and version 1.08 works perfectly on the 2210...

Old 08-05-2003, 05:28 PM
MixTracks
Neophyte

Does the browser support the Flash plugin?

Old 08-05-2003, 06:51 PM
sponge
Philosopher

Only IE supports Flash.

Old 08-06-2003, 02:09 AM
nightline
Pupil
Default Subscription software? What a joke

I d/k Thunderhawn for my 2215 and it does work great. I was ready to go ahead and buy it until I saw the subscription part. It is stuff like this that gets me to thinking that maybe MicroSoft has some money coming back to them for this product.

How hard could it have been for them to put landscape viewing in P.I.E for wm2003? It only makes sense to have it in there.

Even if Thurderhawk was about $50-$60, I would purchase it, but since it is subscription based, I doubt I will use it after the 30 day trial.

Old 08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Re: Subscription software? What a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightline
I d/k Thunderhawn for my 2215 and it does work great. I was ready to go ahead and buy it until I saw the subscription part. It is stuff like this that gets me to thinking that maybe MicroSoft has some money coming back to them for this product.
It's not a comparable situation. One pays a subscription to use their compression proxy. The client actually does very little; it's a lightweight frontend to their slick backend.

That said, if you don't feel it's worth it, by all means don't buy it. However, for those who need it, it's definitely one of the best browsing solutions on Pocket PCs.

--janak

Old 08-23-2003, 03:39 PM
AL904a
Pupil
Send a message via ICQ to AL904a Send a message via AIM to AL904a Send a message via MSN to AL904a Send a message via Yahoo to AL904a

According to the press release at http://www.bitstream.com/categories/...603_th108.html the new version works on the iPAQ h5000 series.

Is anybody using it with their 5555? Are there any issues with that combo?