Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus
Default Spb Full Screen Keyboard 2.0 Released

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_...associateid=204

Spb has just released v2 of their popular full-screen keyboard SIP. They've revamped the codebase (hopefully eliminating driver loading issues for PPC2k2 users), and have added a number of features, including an easier ability to switch from a regular-sized keyboard to the full-screen version, word completion (a la regular SIPs -- but with custom words remembered), sound profiles and new skins. Looks very cool! (Upgrades for existing owners, BTW, is half price.) [affiliate]

Old 07-15-2003, 09:44 PM
murph
Ponderer

so far, so good on my TMobile PPC:PE.

actually, after the install it was not working. but a soft reset (i was not prompted to soft reset) cleared it up.

crossing my fingers that it continues to work. i love this app but the PPC:PE issues have made it useless.

when will the rotated skins be available?

Old 07-15-2003, 09:51 PM
yawanag
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph
so far, so good on my TMobile PPC:PE.

actually, after the install it was not working. but a soft reset (i was not prompted to soft reset) cleared it up.

crossing my fingers that it continues to work. i love this app but the PPC:PE issues have made it useless.

when will the rotated skins be available?
I had to soft reset also before it worked. I wondered why it was necessary for previous users to even pay half price for the upgrade. All the software I have purchased (and that's tons) have come with a lifetime upgrade

Old 07-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Gremmie
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanag
All the software I have purchased (and that's tons) have come with a lifetime upgrade
Like what?

Old 07-15-2003, 10:16 PM
vassiliphilippov
Ponderer

>when will the rotated skins be available?
You can download the rotated skin as well as many other skins from:
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/fsk/skins.html

Vassili Philippov
Spb Software House

Old 07-15-2003, 10:23 PM
murph
Ponderer

got it.

i was looking via the TOOLS menu in the program's options.

Old 07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
R K
Thinker
Send a message via ICQ to R K Send a message via AIM to R K

Wow, that's some nice Photoshop work on the picture there.
Is that how OLED screens are going to look like?

Old 07-15-2003, 11:47 PM
danielzr
Pupil
Default Typango 3.0 finally out!

Although it's not on their website or Handango yet, Typango 3.0 has been released. They say that they'll update the website shortly...

It was sent to owners of previous versions yesterday (free). The biggest new feature is SIP support. The new Typango JR mini-keyboard, which replaces the regular MS on-screen keyboard is also skinable. The regular Typango keyboard uses the old Typango 2.5 skins...

Old 07-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawanag
I wondered why it was necessary for previous users to even pay half price for the upgrade. All the software I have purchased (and that's tons) have come with a lifetime upgrade
I've seen a couple of Pocket PC software packages that offer lifetime free upgrades, but they're certainly not very common. On the desktop, the only piece of software I own that has a lifetime of free upgrades is Winzip.

I don't think lifetime free upgrades is a very sustainable business model - it means you're constantly desperate for new customers instead of relying on your user base to support your work.

I guess we'll see if those lifetime PPC software update guys are around in a couple of years. :wink: It's worth noting that, for me at least, the lifetime updates offered by the makers of Battery Pack 2003 is practically useless - they make the upgrade process so damn difficult (making the users go back through Hadango's system, not notifying current users of updates, etc.) that I couldn't take advantage of the upgrade even if I wanted to. It's probably because they don't care about upgrading users - they don't make any money off of them - they want new users.

Old 07-16-2003, 03:28 PM
smittyofdhs
Thinker

well, I hoped it would work fine on the PPCPE devices but after extensive testing, it still fails on my SX56. I've been able to reproduce the problem over and over. Again, the SD card is the issue. If I reboot the device with the card inserted, the app will not work correctly. If I remove the SD card, the app works fine. I know this is a MS bug, not SPB's but the bottom line is that it still doesn't work for PPCPE users. What's funny, is it works sometimes, then just totally stops working (as long as the sd card is there).