Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Talk

Old 07-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Something Cool About Pocket PC 2003 - Inbox Autocomplete

Addressing emails in Pocket PC 2003's Inbox is a snap now. You just start typing either their names or part of their email address and Inbox pops up an autocomplete list above your keyboard. When you see the email address you want to add, just tap it. If you want to add additional people, just tap the semi-colon and start a new address.

My screen shot doesn't show it, but if I had someone in my addressbook like "Mike Jones, <[email protected]>" typing in "Smi" as I did would have brought his name to the list as well. I think the list is limited to 7 addresses, so if the one you want isn't showing up, type in an additional letter or two to further narrow it down.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:35 PM
felixdd
Philosopher
Send a message via ICQ to felixdd Send a message via AIM to felixdd Send a message via MSN to felixdd Send a message via Yahoo to felixdd

Might I suggest that you start a new "series" called "Something Cool about PPC2003" or "Something Cool about Windows Mobile 2003"? There's already two cool things about it (better theme integration, auto complete, backgrounds in Word and Excel, etc.) that can be made into a "series" of sorts

Old 07-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by felixdd
Might I suggest that you start a new "series" called "Something Cool about PPC2003" or "Something Cool about Windows Mobile 2003"? There's already two cool things about it (better theme integration, auto complete, backgrounds in Word and Excel, etc.) that can be made into a "series" of sorts
Uhm... we do. It is a series of posts that have "Something Cool About Pocket PC 2003" in the title. :wink: Maybe when we are done, we can have one post that links back to all of them though.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:46 PM
qgman
Pupil

Does PPC2k3...er, Windows Mobile (still not used to the new name) support SSL e-mail servers within the inbox application? My school switched over to SSL servers so my PPC2000 inbox no longer will log on.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Ed Hansberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by qgman
Does PPC2k3...er, Windows Mobile (still not used to the new name) support SSL e-mail servers within the inbox application? My school switched over to SSL servers so my PPC2000 inbox no longer will log on.
Yes :mrgreen:

Old 07-11-2003, 09:43 PM
hdsalinas
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to hdsalinas

I think that you guys should make a special in depth article aboout PPC2003. There has been a lot reviews about the new hardware but very little about the details of the OS.

For instance, are repeating alarms back? Do alarmas work everytime o do you still have to "wake up" to hear it? Do we get HTML support for email? etc...

I have an old ipaq3650 upgraded to 2002, that thas served me well and I don`t feel the urge tu upgrade as I thought I would.

thanks!

Old 07-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Bob Anderson
Thinker

Hey, what's that weird "FITALY" keyboard displayed on the screenshot?

Oh... wait... this is a post from Ed. :lol: Most certainly he'd want to get a plug in there for that FITALY keyboard!!! (you know, I really should give it a shot)

Old 07-14-2003, 05:35 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by salinashd
I think that you guys should make a special in depth article aboout PPC2003. There has been a lot reviews about the new hardware but very little about the details of the OS.
I agree completely, the problem is the none of us have the bandwidth right now to tackle something that huge (it would be 10K+ words easy). What we're trying to do instead is create a series of small articles and make it more of an evolving process.