Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Spb Pocket Plus now Windows Mobile 2003 Compatible

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_...associateid=204

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this, and it's finally here: Pocket Plus now works with Windows Mobile 2003 (Pocket PC 2003 devices). I beta tested a version last night that was 100% functional on my iPAQ 2215, with one exception: every Pocket PC has different backlight controls, and until the Spb guys can get each device, it's hard for them to get the backlight control working. So on this version, 2215 owners won't be able to adjust their backlight. I'm sure this will be addressed in future versions.

You can follow the link above to download the newest version from PocketGear, and when you install it over your current version, it will upgrade it - no extra registration required. And if you don't already own Pocket Plus, you should. :wink: [Affiliate]

Old 07-04-2003, 10:59 PM
Eitel
Theorist

Woohoo!! Thanks a lot!

Old 07-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

I've heard a lot about this little app. I'm gonna try it.

Old 07-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

This is awesome news. I was holding off on the upgrade until this worked. Now I plan on going for it!

Old 07-05-2003, 01:41 AM
Ed Hansberry
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Great app, but I am wondering of the repeating alarms is necessary anymore on 2003. Repeating alarms are back, though I will admit not as annoying as Pocket Plus's alarms can be, and annoying is what alarms are supposed to be, right?

Old 07-05-2003, 01:47 AM
Jerry Raia
Editor Emeritus

I'm using the trial version right now as I type this, pretty good app id say. I think i'll buy it.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:34 AM
SmooveB
Neophyte

If this program supported multitasking icons instead of the program name I would gladly purchase itand stop using wisbar. Hint, hint.

Old 07-05-2003, 03:55 AM
sting0r
Ponderer

You have to tell pocketgear to upgrade the description on the website. It says it was last updated in march. Is that link really the updated app?

Old 07-05-2003, 04:27 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Hansberry
Great app, but I am wondering of the repeating alarms is necessary anymore on 2003. Repeating alarms are back, though I will admit not as annoying as Pocket Plus's alarms can be, and annoying is what alarms are supposed to be, right?
Pocket Plus adds features to repeating alarms, like being able to specify the number of times they repeat, stopping when the battery life gets to x%, ascending sound volume, and delays between alarms. Even though Microsoft fixed what they broke, they didn't enhance the functionality at all. Besides, it's like you're paying extra for that one feature. :wink:

Old 07-05-2003, 04:33 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmooveB
If this program supported multitasking icons instead of the program name I would gladly purchase itand stop using wisbar. Hint, hint.
Multitasking icons? As in, rather than showing the program name, you'd like to see icons? How would that work exactly? I haven't used Wisbar in a long time - I remember seeing the icons in the fly-out menu, but not in the drop-down menu. We're always open to new ideas, but without that fly-out menu, I don't see how it would work.