Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Hyperluminal
Thinker
Default Removing frames from a web page

I know someone who has a blog, and no one was writing comments to his posts, so he decided to (kind of as a joke) give people popups 3 out of 5 times when they load the site, saying they should comment. I commented that, since I use Mozilla Firebird, it just blocks popups automatically. So, in "response," he made it so whenever I logged in (you have to log in, and the only way to get an account is personally through him), it would make the popup an actual frame, using CSS2, over part of the website.
Anyway, I wanted to get rid of it, but I just couldn't figure out how. It seems that while Firebird can show only a certain frame, it can't hide them, or only show the background. Neither can IE6, Mozilla 1.3, or Opera 7 (all of which I already had on my PC... ).

So, how would you do that? I'm sure it's possible- just hide a frame- yet I can't find a way (except for using Pocket IE, where it hides it automatically)...

Old 07-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Jacob
Pontificator

I would hide it by not going to his site anymore :wink: . Can you imagine if Jason did that here to force people to post??

You might want to look into a little app called Proximatron (I think that's what it's called) it acts like a proxy of sorts and can filter things off sites so you don't have to see them - it works on adds and a lot of other things.

Old 07-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Hyperluminal
Thinker

Thanks. Yeah, he's just someone I know in real life, and not many people read his blog anyway. He pretty much did it as a joke... it just annoys me because it seems like it'd be really easy to remove that frame, if the browser would do it...

Old 07-11-2003, 04:34 AM
davidspalding
Thinker
Send a message via AIM to davidspalding

I'm with Jacob. The web's big enough to find other things to do. Maybe drop the hint.... No one's posting to his blog because he's a loser!

I hate people with offensive web code. Some idiot out there has code on his sites which pops open your CD drive ... the code's on every friggin page. Regardless whether it's playing music or not. Makes you wanna mail-bomb his domain....

Old 07-11-2003, 04:48 AM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperluminal
Thanks. Yeah, he's just someone I know in real life, and not many people read his blog anyway. He pretty much did it as a joke... it just annoys me because it seems like it'd be really easy to remove that frame, if the browser would do it...
Since he's a friend, you need to hack his site and set it up so that when he logs in about 100 CSS open up saying: "No more css's"... :wink:

Steve

Old 07-12-2003, 04:58 AM
Hyperluminal
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperluminal
Since he's a friend, you need to hack his site and set it up so that when he logs in about 100 CSS open up saying: "No more css's"... :wink:

Steve
Yeah, I was jokingly thinking of hacking his site... :lol:

Seriously, it was in good humor- he got rid of it a little while ago.
It'd help to know him, that's just the way he is...