Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Software

Old 07-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Applian CoolClock

http://www.handango.com/brainstore/...productId=78929

"Get the Ultimate Multimedia Alarm Clock for your Pocket PC! Turn your Pocket PC into an awesome rich media alarm clock. CoolClock lets you wake up to music or recorded voice. You can set alarms that play MP3, Windows Media, WAV files or voice recordings. CoolClock displays designer animated clocks authored in Flash. Eight clocks are included, and more are being designed every day."

You can download a trial version or purchase the full version for $19.95.

Old 07-01-2003, 01:35 PM
jeffmd
Thinker

as much as alot of peeps wanted a cool alarm program like this.. 20 bucks? geez...

Old 07-01-2003, 01:50 PM
PJE
Thinker
Default A little too pricey...

I would have been interested, but $20 is far too expensive. $5 would have been more like it.

For $20 I'd expect it to be supplied with a small set of amplified amplified speakers so it would actually be able to wake me up!

PJE

Old 07-01-2003, 01:54 PM
RedRamage
Pupil

I don't think my PPC would ever be loud enough to wake me up.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Vincent M Ferrari
Sage
Send a message via ICQ to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via AIM to Vincent M Ferrari Send a message via Skype™ to Vincent M Ferrari

I was thinking the same thing. $20 for an alarm clock program? 8O

Sometimes, I wonder about Applian. They come out with cool software and then they charge too much for it. I like their stuff a lot, but who's gonna pay $20 for a program that'll play an MP3 instead of a tone for an alarm?

Nice program, but it needs to be about $10 cheaper before it's reasonable. :razz:

Old 07-01-2003, 02:18 PM
dh
Mystic

For half the price, Super Alert has really good alarm features and you can certainly wake up to (or sleep through) your music files.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:26 PM
PocketPC Addict
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRamage
I don't think my PPC would ever be loud enough to wake me up.
I guess I'm lucky - or unlucky depending how you look at it. I'm such a light sleeper, my Pocket PC wakes me up every morning and it's set only on volume level 2!

Old 07-01-2003, 02:35 PM
GoldKey
Pontificator

Agree, this is a $5 software product, not $20.

Old 07-01-2003, 02:37 PM
egads
Theorist

For $5 you can go out and buy a nice travel clock that is loud and has a snooze that you don't have to worry about cracking the screen when you reach over and slam your hand down trying to shut the little bugger up. Plus you never have to worry about if your alarm clock is charged or if its in need of a soft reset (My Casio EM500 failed to wake me up once because it needed a reset :zzz: ).

How many people are coherent enough in the morning to pick up a PDA grab the stylus and turn off a alarm :?:

Old 07-01-2003, 03:17 PM
pdaided
Ponderer
Default lunch money

I was sitting here going over my receipts from yesterday and totally agreeing with all of these comments about price. I then picked up my receipt from lunch yesterday at an average restaraunt for an average meal that I paid $9 dollars for including tip.....
Looking at it this way, 20 bucks for a program somebody wrote that will improve my life every day seems rather reasonable now.

just thinkin'

pdaided